Good AIs near Mayan Palace?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

I love the look of the Mayan but really want my guests to be able to do the AI thing... I love the look of the Westin but it looks like it's only EP.

Any ideas?!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Try Velas Vallarta Puerto Vallarta Hotel Velas Vallarta Mexico

I've noticed that the Marriott has an all-inclusive option called an "Escape" plan via their website http://www.paradiseb...ffer.aspx?id=1# They only offer it for hotels in Latin America and the Carribean but I've never seen this plan on expedia nor other travel search engines. They have the CasaMagna listed.

here's a link to map of the marina Marina Vallarta Maps

#3 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

We're working (with Tammy) to get group rates for the Melia Hotel Puerta Vallarta (Mexico): Melia Puerto Vallarta - Sol MeliĀ” Hotels & Resorts
        which is next door to the Mayan. I can't say that I am thrilled with the hotel, but its more affordable than Velas Vallarta (i think, but Costco seems to have a good rate) and it is really the only AI thats with in walking distance from the Mayan

Here's a link to my website's accomodations page, I listed all the hotels in the Marina Wedding Website - Amy & Hanssel - Accommodation Ideas and included maps

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

Amy- Just out of curiosity, why aren't you thrilled with the Melia? I looked at the pictures. It looks beautiful.
          Happily married since 2008

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:35 AM

I guess the rooms need a little renovating and the reviews I've read are not that great. Mainly, my brother has been giving me a hard time about the hotel- he doesn't care too much for an AI and wants to stay in a suite. Most of my guests have requested an AI and Velas Vallarta has both. Its funny, I really think he bothers me more than anything. I really do love Velas Vallarta but it seems kind of pricey, however, initially we were planning to have our wedding at Dreams and its just as expensive.

I'm really torn, I'm hoping I can get a little more insight from someone here on the forum.

We really wanted to get our room blocks in August, and I'm still hoping to, but I know lil Jackson is ready to pop out so we only have Tammy for a short tim before she can focus on her new baby :) So I'm trying to make a decision by the first week of August so we can get this going!

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

We have debating this one for a long time as well. It's very hard to pick a resort. FI wants an AI. I don't really want one, but I'll let him have his way on this one. I might suggest the Melia for my guests as well.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 bbdq_21

bbdq_21
              • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

The best AI in PV is Grand Velas... it is amazing. It is pricey but worth every penny. When you check in they give you a menu of all the different types of pillows and bed sheets to choose from!!! Its pretty spectacular. It is a 3 minute drive from Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bbdq_21
                  The best AI in PV is Grand Velas... it is amazing. It is pricey but worth every penny. When you check in they give you a menu of all the different types of pillows and bed sheets to choose from!!! Its pretty spectacular. It is a 3 minute drive from Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta
                  these are in Nuevo Vallarta.. The grand velas is our #1 honeymoon pick! Hopefully we can find a great deal or else its the Vallarta Palace or Grand Mayan..

Jaime is referring to AI's in the Marina - near the Mayan Palace in the Marina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users