Travel Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

Good morning,

I have emailed my coordinator a few times about this, but I am still not sure exactly when we should be there. I know we should be there three days ahead of time, so does that mean for a wedding on the 28th, we be there on the 25th? Or does it need to be full days, and we should be there on the 24th?

Any help appreciated, this is probably a silly question but I am excited to get booking!

Thanks!

#2 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
    • 47 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

We are getting married at the Iberostar Bavaro on May 28th - I am behind on booking, but I am going to do so either today or tomorrow!

Thanks for the response. =)

#3 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
      • Banned
      • 546 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cheshire_moon
        We are getting married at the Iberostar Bavaro on May 28th - I am behind on booking, but I am going to do so either today or tomorrow!

Thanks for the response. =)
        We're almost date twins! I'm getting married on May 24, 2010 at Dreams Punta Cana!!!

Our resort required 3 business days and the WC asked us to be there on the 19th, or the 20th at the latest. So, if you're getting married on the 28th, which is a Friday, I would suggest getting there on the 24th or 25th. See which is cheapest for your flights! Usually Tuesdays are cheap days to fly on...

How are you doing in the planning process? I feel SOOOO incredibly far behind. I only got engaged in January 2010, so I haven't had much time to plan.

#4 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
        • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

I am thinking three days is fine... even if it's really 2 1/2 days... i guess it would just depend on if you are having a "legal" ceremony or not... then i think it would be three full days (and maybe week days). otherwise, it would probably depend on how early you feel you need to be there.

#5 khomac

khomac
          • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

you can jump off the plane and get married that second if you want. Mexico has a mandatory 3 day period but not DR. You can arrive on a Saturday and get married on the Tuesday if you want.

My ideal time frame would be arrive, meet with co-ordinator next day, wedding day after that.
            Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
            Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#6 Nicolee

Nicolee
            • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

I was told by my travel agent and the wedding coordinator at the hotel that we have to be there three full days. They both said that the day you arrive does not count. We are getting married on a Saturday and we have to arrive no later than Tuesday. Hope this helps. Good luck and Congrats!!

#7 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

you have to be there 3 full days in advance, the wedding day doesnt count and you have to be there before 3pm or 5 pm depending on the resort. so for a wedding on the 28th, you'd have to be there before 3pm (or 5pm) on the 25th.

#8 Mischaka

Mischaka
                • 969 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

I would say to be on the safe side get there on the 24th. what's an extra day in the DR?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users