Jump to content

Photo

Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??


  • Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#201 AmyG

AmyG
  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

    Sharon99,

     

    You know I was just thinking about the invites the other day and I am stuck because I was going to send out my invites for my DW together with my invite for my home town reception....I figured for those who RSVP No to the DW can have that opporunity to RSVP to the home town reception.  Now I am not sure when to send out that 'official' invitation.  I originally planned to do it 3 months before my wedding date (so send them approx. Dec. 15, 2011) BUT that seems so far in advance for someone to RSVP to my home town reception/party....what were you thinking of doing?



    #202 AmyG

    AmyG
    • Jr. Member
    • 189 posts

      Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

      Sharon99,

       

      I just saw that you said you were going to send out your invites when airfare comes out....I included my travel agents contact info and the discounted group rates already in my save the date package...my airfare comes out at the end of April but my TA said he would just give my guests the resort info for now and let them know they have to wait for airfare info. 

      I was 'advised' to still send out an official invite a few months prior to my wedding just so I get formal RSVP's back because some guests may be booking through another TA so I would want a final count.

       

      I'm sure I have confused you at this point....sorry   :-(



      #203 TropicLover

      TropicLover
      • Jr. Member
      • 293 posts

        Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

        Hey everyone!  I'm in the mists of planning a Feb/Mar 2012 wedding in the Mayan Riviera.  The hotels I'm looking at are the Barcelo Maya Colonial/Palace, Ocean Turquesa and Now Sapphire (so far my favourite is the Barcelo!). 

         

        I've been getting a few quotes from travel agents and to be honest they're a lot higher than what's showing for 2011, mostly because the 2012 pricing haven't come out yet.  They keep telling me to wait because they'll come down, but I'm worried about letting it linger for so long. 

         

        I see that some of you have already booked for 2012 and I'm wondering if you've locked in a price or just booked a date? Are your guests booking already or have you asked them to wait? I'd really like to get my save the dates out asap, but I'd like to let people know the exact date instead of a time frame.  Should I just book and hope that prices come down?  Any advice would be awesome!

         

        Thanks so much!



        #204 bellajovie

        bellajovie
        • Newbie
        • 93 posts

          Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

          Hey TropicLover! If I remember correctly from my TA, prices for hotels are generally available one year out, but I say "generally" because some resorts may wait around 320 days out, etc.  I was able to reserve a room block through my TA for January 2012.  The rates for our particular hotel were available in February (which was actually a surprise for the TA).  We just sent our save the dates this week...we wanted to make sure that the rates were locked for our guest prior to sending anything out. My TA actually quoted us estimated prices at the end of last year and those turned out to be the exact prices/rates of our rooms. If nothing else, you can go ahead and book the hotel so the date is solidified.



          #205 TropicLover

          TropicLover
          • Jr. Member
          • 293 posts

            Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

            Thanks bellajovie!  It sounds like you're booking the hotel and flights separately.  I'll need to look into that option as I think my TA is looking at package deals (which I think is common when flying from Canada).  Which hotel did you book with?



            #206 bellajovie

            bellajovie
            • Newbie
            • 93 posts

              Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

              We booked with Secrets Maroma.  We decided to not do a package option (where hotel and flight were automatically included) and simply offer that option (guest can either do hotel only through TA or flight and hotel).  Some guest have been able to find great rates on flights separately and so many of our guest are flying from all over the U.S, it just seemed easier to offer the two options.



              #207 Sharon99

              Sharon99
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,301 posts

                Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

                AmyG you didn't confuse me lol!  Well we are not having an AHR. We thought about it and then thought we don't want gifts so if you don't come to the wedding, tough! haha!

                I think it's okay to send out your AHR invites with your DW invites. But if you think its too early then its okay to wait like a month before it.

                I just ordered my STDs(at the printer!!!)  and did put the TAs info on there along with our website, which has the room rates and all that info.

                Just hope people start to book once they get their STDs and not wait for the formal invite. We can add or remove rooms for our room block until November 26th.

                I guess the TA will tell him who has booked with her.

                I originally thought I would send out the formal invites with package deals that included the air. I guess I really dont need to do this or get involved since I have no idea how long people will be staying for.  You may have to give your WC at your resort a final head count by a certain date. Check with them to make sure 3 months is enough time. And we all know people don't always respond!



                #208 Sharon99

                Sharon99
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,301 posts

                  Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

                  We did block the minimum amount of rooms and have until November to add or remove rooms.

                  Here is how my TA explained it to me.  Hope this helps you.

                  "They are applying the higher rates through night of April 23, 2012 so rates would drop night of April
                  24th and after. Again, these rates are based on 2011 Early Bird rates and valid only if
                  secured with a room block by March 25, 2011.  After this date they expect to
                  have 2012 rates in place.  Should 2012 rates be lower you group rates would
                  be adjusted, however, should they be higher and if a room block is not in
                  place, the higher rates will apply."
                   

                  Originally Posted by TropicLover 

                  Hey everyone!  I'm in the mists of planning a Feb/Mar 2012 wedding in the Mayan Riviera.  The hotels I'm looking at are the Barcelo Maya Colonial/Palace, Ocean Turquesa and Now Sapphire (so far my favourite is the Barcelo!). 

                   

                  I've been getting a few quotes from travel agents and to be honest they're a lot higher than what's showing for 2011, mostly because the 2012 pricing haven't come out yet.  They keep telling me to wait because they'll come down, but I'm worried about letting it linger for so long. 

                   

                  I see that some of you have already booked for 2012 and I'm wondering if you've locked in a price or just booked a date? Are your guests booking already or have you asked them to wait? I'd really like to get my save the dates out asap, but I'd like to let people know the exact date instead of a time frame.  Should I just book and hope that prices come down?  Any advice would be awesome!

                   

                  Thanks so much!



                   



                  #209 AmyG

                  AmyG
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

                    Sharon99 I'm glad I didn't confuse you, lol.  I saw that my WC requires a final count 2 months ahead of the wedding date, so you're right I know some guests may procrastinate in sending back their RSVP's so maybe I will do it sooner than 4 months and then send out my at home reception invites later.

                    I am sealing the envelopes with the save the dates tomorrow with the TA info and rates (& our website with plenty of info) so I also hope that people start to book or at least put down their deposits in the next few months.   :-)  

                    My airfare is not available yet, but my TA said to send out what I have now for the resort rates and he will update my website with airfare prices when they are available, plus I know a lot of guests will shop airfare on their own.



                     

                    Originally Posted by Sharon99 

                    AmyG you didn't confuse me lol!  Well we are not having an AHR. We thought about it and then thought we don't want gifts so if you don't come to the wedding, tough! haha!

                    I think it's okay to send out your AHR invites with your DW invites. But if you think its too early then its okay to wait like a month before it.

                    I just ordered my STDs(at the printer!!!)  and did put the TAs info on there along with our website, which has the room rates and all that info.

                    Just hope people start to book once they get their STDs and not wait for the formal invite. We can add or remove rooms for our room block until November 26th.

                    I guess the TA will tell him who has booked with her.

                    I originally thought I would send out the formal invites with package deals that included the air. I guess I really dont need to do this or get involved since I have no idea how long people will be staying for.  You may have to give your WC at your resort a final head count by a certain date. Check with them to make sure 3 months is enough time. And we all know people don't always respond!



                     



                    #210 AmyG

                    AmyG
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 189 posts

                      Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

                      Hi TropicLover,

                       

                      I narrowed down my top 3 resorts, just like you did, based on their wedding packages and online reviews.  Then, I shopped different travel agents to compare their rates for each resort.  Since I went to different TA's in the past few months, I was able to get 2012 rates.  I chose the Now Sapphire because my TA could get me a good rate and I just liked it the most.  After I made the decision for the Now Sapphire, I contacted the WC there and confirmed my wedding date and locked that in.  Then my TA contracted my rates with the resort and locked those in.  Those contracted rates will not go up at all as long as my guests book through my TA.

                      My Save the Dates are going out this weekend with my TA's info and the group rate info.  It is only the resort rates at this time because airfare rates are not available yet.  For guests that know they are coming, regardless of the airfare rates, they are able to put down a $100 deposit with my TA to secure their room at the resort.  Guests have an option to book just the resort through my TA or both the resort and the airfare.

                      I did not want to wait for the rates to go down because I wanted to give my guests one years notice of my exact wedding date so they can start planning accordingly.  I can't say that I am 100% happy with my contracted room rates, but I love the resort and the wedding package so I moved forward with it.  Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help you out!   :-)

                       

                      Originally Posted by TropicLover 

                      Hey everyone!  I'm in the mists of planning a Feb/Mar 2012 wedding in the Mayan Riviera.  The hotels I'm looking at are the Barcelo Maya Colonial/Palace, Ocean Turquesa and Now Sapphire (so far my favourite is the Barcelo!). 

                       

                      I've been getting a few quotes from travel agents and to be honest they're a lot higher than what's showing for 2011, mostly because the 2012 pricing haven't come out yet.  They keep telling me to wait because they'll come down, but I'm worried about letting it linger for so long. 

                       

                      I see that some of you have already booked for 2012 and I'm wondering if you've locked in a price or just booked a date? Are your guests booking already or have you asked them to wait? I'd really like to get my save the dates out asap, but I'd like to let people know the exact date instead of a time frame.  Should I just book and hope that prices come down?  Any advice would be awesome!

                       

                      Thanks so much!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users