Photo

Envelope Labels

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TRose

TRose
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'm sending out my STD's next week and my bridesmaid said that I should not use adhesive labels (the kind you just put in your printer and print off). She said it was better to write the addresses or hire a calligrapher. What do you guys think? How much does a calligrapher cost to do addresses?

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

These are just your STD...the I don't think they have to be that formal. Unless you just want to do that of course. I got clear labels and found a nice font and printed my invitation labels that way...and didn't have a problem with doing it that way at all :)

#3 Melidell

Melidell
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

I had my invitations printed up by the company that did them, and for my pre-travel brochure I ran the envelopes through my printer. Not technically the ``right`` way to do it but it saved me tons of time and hassle. Plus this way no one had to be subjected to my crappy handwriting. I think labels are fine- plus they can be really pretty if you put a little picture on them or something. I really don`t see it being a big deal in this day and age- but if you really want to use a calligrapher you can find some who are pretty reasonable on Etsy. I used Dancing Pen from Etsy for my placecards and she`s great to work with and not too expensive.
        Loving married life!

#4 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

I wouldn't use a calligrapher for your STDs. Labels are just fine. You can always print the addresses right on them if you aren't sure about the labels. That is what I did with my RSVP envelopes. I just used a nice font and printed them.
          Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#5 Stina4242

Stina4242
          • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

Labels are fine for the STD. I used a calligraphor for my invite though, I was lucky enough to find someone by me who did it by hand,... and didn't charge me! That was a good day!

#6 mnh1983

mnh1983
            • 743 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

For my STDs, I just wrote the addresses on the envelopes as neatly as I could. However, I am printing labels for my invitations so that they look crisp. I can't do calligraphy, so I figured that would be best. I don't think that there is really any "wrong" way to do things nowadays.

#7 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
              • 286 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

I used a handwriting type font and printed the addresses directly on my envelopes for my invites. Several people told me how beautiful my handwriting was

#8 nmurch

nmurch
                • 396 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

i just printed them with a fanncy font on my comp printer and they look great i think! ( :
                  jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

I did "regular printer labels" with a nice font for my STDs and my invitations.
                    It's all a personal preference. I don't know how many people would actually look at the envelope & say "gee...she didn't even handwrite these" - that just seems silly to me! lol

#10 KGraham27

KGraham27
                    • 155 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

I don't have the best handwriting so I will be doing mine on the printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users