Sign in to follow this  
SouthernSweetie

Wedding Insurance

I've been busy doing other planning things so I had to push my insurance research to the side for a bit. Does anyone know what the stipulations for purchasing insurance are? For example, does the policy cover any deposits that you made before purchasing the insurance?

Angel-in-Law: I'm from Baton Rouge, so I feel you on the hurricane issue. I'm getting married in Cancun in early June, which is why I felt I needed insurance in the first place. I had no idea that it covers so many other things initially.

Who Dat!!! Geaux Saints!smile29.gif

Are there any companies out there that offer Destination Wedding insurance for brides outside of US? I am from Canada and would be interested in obtaining a policy for my wedding, but all my research is proving that no one out there covers this?

Any Canadian brides out there have any other resources?

I was just doing a little research on insurance.  I called both Wedsafe and Travelers and neither offer liability coverage for weddings outside the US.  Has anyone found one that does?  

Also - my TA offered travel insurance - cancel for any reason.  If i go the wedding insurance wouldn't that cover the same thing the travel insurance is covering?  why get both?  Many thanks!

I always recommend insurance when travelling.

I never thought of wedding insurance because my wedding contract clearly states the deposit is non-refundable, so how do I get around that? you know?

So if I can get my money back on my travel package and just forfeit my $500 deposit I would be ok! (miffed, but oK!)