Photo

Question on Legalization & Translation of Documents?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cfthunder

Cfthunder
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

We are getting married on April 12, 2012 at the GOM in Puerto Plata. We have all of documents (2 Birth Certificates, 2 Notarized Single Avadivits, 2 Passports and 1 Divorce Certificate) ready to get translated and Legalized.

Our question is that we can send our documents to the DR Consulate in Montreal, Canada and it will cost us 700.00 US to get it done.
    But our Resort says for the same thing to get done there on the resort, it will cost 350.00 US.

Sounds like an easy chose looking at the numbers, but we arrive there late on Thusday the 8th of April and that leaves us Friday to get the documents done. The resort says they will have a lawyer reserved and booked, but I am a glass empty person at times, and was wondering which option is best for us.

If anyone has advice or experience in this topic...PLEASE let me know what you people did or recommend.

Thanks,
    Ken

#2 hepre

hepre
    • 62 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

Hi Cfthunder,

i am in NS and I have the same documents to be translated and I was quoted 405.00 US from a company in the US that is called Wedo. Very reputable. Check out there website or call them. They have a toll free # too! 1-800-686-wedo They can only be done 3 months or less before the wedding but it only takes 5-10 days. I am sending mine the 2nd week of Feb for my wedding in April this year.

Hope this helps!

#3 8phoenix8

8phoenix8
      • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hi-
        We used wedo for our docs, it took about 5 days. we sent ours in nov. for our dec. wedding. it cost us $250, but we are American. price may vary from country to country. good luck.

#4 hepre

hepre
        • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

There is an extra 155.00 for the divorce papers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users