When to book???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jplovesme

• 385 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

We know we want to have our wedding date on New Years Day 2011 in Cancun. But our venue of choice doesn't allow booking online for that week just yet. How far in advance can we do this? Will we get a higher price because its so far ahead? Is it better to book via the resort web site, call the hotel, or through a TA? Would a TA be better equipped to give me a quote (and book) so far in advance?

#2 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:21 AM

I would compare by getting quotes with the options where its not to far in advance. Good luck and welcome to the forum
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#3 pinayflava

• 193 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

i would double check with your resort because originally my fiance and i wanted to have our wedding on new years eve but from contacting different resorts I got the same response saying they don't do weddings on christmas eve, christmas, new years eve and new years. they also told me even if they did the judge (if doing legal ceremonies) does not perform ceremonies that day. once the prices are available for you - just check expedia so you know roughly what the ballpark is regarding prices. then contact a travel agent - i am currently waiting for prices and the prices are still expensive but they told me it was probably because not all airlines/tour operators have their departure dates/prices ready yet. good luck!

#4 jplovesme

• 385 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Thanks so much ladies!! I'm going to be calling the resorts directly this week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users