Photo

Wedding Negotiations-How did you do it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 curlsdc

curlsdc
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I have narrowed down my choices to two resorts in Punta Cana, however, one of the resorts has excellent prices for weddings but the cost for guests are too high, the other resort has overpriced wedding offerings but good prices for guests. I'm trying to negotiate prices down, has anyone had success with either negotiating wedding/reception prices down or getting hotel rates lowered. I am bringing about 100 guests to site. Any info on how you negotiated and what resorts were open to negotiations would be great. I am looking at Melia & Moon Palace.

#2 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
    • 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

Best of luck with negotiating......not something the Dominicans understand the way North Americans do......still tact, patience and courtesy can't hurt. Buen suerte - Lynda :)

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

I had a lot of luck negotiating actual wedding package stuff as well.

TA Maureen is right about how many people to expect, even if you have 100+ people 'say' they are going to go. We invited about 250 and had about 70 respond that they were going and had 40 show up.

#4 KPEG

KPEG
        • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

i didn't even realize that you could negotiate on wedding packages! I just might have to do that to save a few bucks and maybe take somethings and swap with others. I hope it's flexible.

#5 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
          • 734 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            I had a lot of luck negotiating actual wedding package stuff as well.

TA Maureen is right about how many people to expect, even if you have 100+ people 'say' they are going to go. We invited about 250 and had about 70 respond that they were going and had 40 show up.

How did you do it and when? I've tried and they wont even budge. I even threatened to cancel my wedding because they wouldn't accomodate anything and they didn't care. The response was just for me to put it in writing that I'm cancelling.
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
            http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#6 KPEG

KPEG
            • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

So since my wedding pkg includes pretty much everything, you're saying it's a fat chance for me to negotiate things eh? :)

I'm just thinking, I don't know if I want them to do my makeup so maybe I can swap it for something else like extra flowers or have them do my mom's makeup?

#7 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
              • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

You'd have better luck getting them to do your Moms makeup then getting flowers!

With destination weddings becoming so popular they are less willing to negotiate com[ponents within a package also the less expensive the rooms are the less they are willing to negotiate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users