11 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

I just made this roasted garlic and chicken recipe and it asked for 40 cloves of peeled garlic and I read on another forum a quick and easy way to do it.
  • seperate the garlic cloves
  • put in a metal bowl
  • put another metla bowl over it to seal it and make a ball shape
  • shake it vigorously for 1-2 minutes (this part is loud)

it really works!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Really?? I always hate peeling garlic because you can't get the smell off of your fingers for a week!!

Thanks for the tip!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly76
    Really?? I always hate peeling garlic because you can't get the smell off of your fingers for a week!!

Thanks for the tip!
    it really worked...i was shocked...but when you are shaking it does get loud but it is only a minute or so.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Brett totally does that! I always have to leave the kitchen bc it's loud.

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

That's genius! I love it. :) Thanks Tammy
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

Good trick! Who would have 'thunk' it?

Okay Tammy, I had to read this post because after all of the cherries you ate yesterday, I had to wonder what you were doing peeling alot of garlic cloves...
          Click the image to open in full size.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PaulaV
          Good trick! Who would have 'thunk' it?

Okay Tammy, I had to read this post because after all of the cherries you ate yesterday, I had to wonder what you were doing peeling alot of garlic cloves...
          Click the image to open in full size.
          i am eyeing those cherries again but this garlic is for my chicken...

Awards and recognition: 

#8 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

For smelly fingers - I learned a very interesting trick from a chef that works (really, it does work perfectly).

All you need to do is rub your fingers on something that is stainless steel. We like garlic, so we keep this big stainless steel masher thing (or pounder thing) next to the sink.
            Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#9 calyx6

calyx6
            • 160 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

Why not just buy pre-peeled cloves of garlic? I didn't see those in the grocery store until AFTER I'd already peeled 40 cloves of garlic when I cooked that chicken recipe last.

-V-
              Tulum - November 3, 2007

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by calyx6
              Why not just buy pre-peeled cloves of garlic? I didn't see those in the grocery store until AFTER I'd already peeled 40 cloves of garlic when I cooked that chicken recipe last.

-V-
              for some reason i dont like to buy the pre-peeled kind unless i know i am gonna use it that night...i feel like the whole head of garlic keeps better...also, i am weird like that...dont know who did the peelin

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users