Photo

Not sure if I should keep my wedding dress on to go to the disco the night of my wed?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 stephaniekeough

stephaniekeough
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi

I am getting married at the Majestic Elegance, Punta Cana. I am not having a private reception as I have decided to have the dinner at one of the restaurants included in the all inclusive. Do you think it would be proper to keep my wedding dress on to go to the disco later that night. Is anyone else going this route?

#2 baj

baj
    • 1,555 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

yes, defo keep it on, I know that I will when I get Married in March and I have read other brides have also done this when they have not booked the private reception and just gone to the disco later on in the night.

#3 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
      • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

I did have a private reception and it was hot as Sh** and I had on a cocktail dress. Just know that you will sweat A LOT if you have a more traditional dress on. I know I would have DIED if I kept my wedding dress on for the reception.

#4 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
        • 258 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

I'm doing something similar except on a cruise (dinner in a private restaurant and then off to the disco for dancing). I bought a strapless cocktail dress to change into for the disco as I was worried about my wedding gown being too hot (especially after having worn it all day in the sun). Plus, the dancefloors in those places are often quite sticky and I didn't want to be worried about people stepping on my gown, it being dragged through spilled drinks, etc.

That's just my preference. :)

#5 mrscheeze

mrscheeze
          • 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

i am doing the exact same thing, dinner at the restaurant and then the disco.... i will definitely be leaving my dress on, get the most out of it!

#6 stephaniekeough

stephaniekeough
            • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kpuckrin
              I'm doing something similar except on a cruise (dinner in a private restaurant and then off to the disco for dancing). I bought a strapless cocktail dress to change into for the disco as I was worried about my wedding gown being too hot (especially after having worn it all day in the sun). Plus, the dancefloors in those places are often quite sticky and I didn't want to be worried about people stepping on my gown, it being dragged through spilled drinks, etc.

That's just my preference. :)
              Are you going with a white cocktail dress?

#7 stephaniekeough

stephaniekeough
              • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mrscheeze
                i am doing the exact same thing, dinner at the restaurant and then the disco.... i will definitely be leaving my dress on, get the most out of it!
                That's what I am thinking, for what I paid I want to use the as much as possible.

#8 Eliana

Eliana
                • 676 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

I will def. keep my dress for the disco after the wedding! It would be so much fun to get pictures of everybody at the club!

#9 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

We went to a bar after our wedding, and I wore my dress. I got the most use out of it that I could!!! LOL

#10 KRama

KRama
                    • 421 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Heck yes! Wear it! You paid a lot of money for that sucker and you might as well get the most bang for your buck! I'm for sure wearing mine to the disco after. Unless you plan on wearing it again one day (which I actually do, at our AHR, so hopefully I don't inflict too much damage to it!) than keep it on and boogie down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users