Photo

DIY Boarding pass ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mccrary

Mccrary
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

This may be a dumb question but what is a corner punch used for while doing your own STD boarding passes?

Also what about a perferator? Do you get better quality using the perferator or not? I am not good a cutting a straight line and I have plenty of friends and family who would be more than willing to help but I am not sure what tools I will need.

Help please

#2 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

I bought a corner punch but it turned out to be of a different shape than my template. Looking back, I would have designed a straight, rectangular ticket and then used the corner punch instead of having to do a lot of hand cutting with scissors (took forever).

I also bought a rotary paper trimmer - I used it to cut everything. It helped to get things straight but it wasn't always the easiest. I got a extra blade to score the sleeves. They were out of the perforator adapter but it was ok as I just printed dotted lines on the tickets instead.

Overall, I found the whole process time consuming and frustrating. I'm supper OCD about things perfect and this was not a perfect result, but it's pretty good. Since you have people willing to help, it should be much easier for you!

Good luck!

#3 michelle10

michelle10
      • 157 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

Go to any scrapbooking/craft store and they should be able to help you find exactly what you need. Essentially a corner rounder is exactly what it's called .... it rounds the corner of something that was at an angle.

#4 Mccrary

Mccrary
        • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks ladies.

#5 becks1581

becks1581
          • 477 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

FiskarsCrafts.com A new way to look at crafting online!

That's the one that I used. The smaller of the two corners worked perfectly. I bought it at Michael's. If you go online, you can print up a 40% off coupon for any single item purchased at the store.

#6 mlabbe

mlabbe
            • 784 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by becks1581
              FiskarsCrafts.com A new way to look at crafting online!

That's the one that I used. The smaller of the two corners worked perfectly. I bought it at Michael's. If you go online, you can print up a 40% off coupon for any single item purchased at the store.
              That's an awesome tool! Too bad I didn't see it when I was there!

#7 westxgrly

westxgrly
              • 98 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:52 AM

Hey Everyone.... well I was wondering what kind of paper I could use for the boarding passes? I also got a cricut. I wonder if I could use that to cut out the shape of the boarding pass? What do you all think?

#8 mlabbe

mlabbe
                • 784 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

I used a heavier paper, I think it was cardstock.

#9 westxgrly

westxgrly
                  • 98 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Thanks Magalie,
                    For that information.... I wanted to get them out this weekend. I will keep you all posted.

#10 mlabbe

mlabbe
                    • 784 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Yes, let us know how they go! I'm sure that you'll do a fabulous job and that they'll turn out great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users