Photo

Is there a secret to printing on heavy cardstock?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

Do I have to have a special printer? the printer keeps jamming! help!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

Try printing one at a time... I even had to put one sheet of regular paper behind it and that would work too.

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

I am printing one at a time, and I printed regular paper first, then cardstock and of course it jammed....

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

i didn't do anything special for mine. i did have a couple times wehre it wouldn't jam, but it would smear the ink. there MAY be something in your printer manual about printing on heavier paper - you could check that, maybe there is a setting.

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            i didn't do anything special for mine. i did have a couple times wehre it wouldn't jam, but it would smear the ink. there MAY be something in your printer manual about printing on heavier paper - you could check that, maybe there is a setting.
            great idea! thanks I am getting frustrated!!

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

My printer will not print on cardstock. Of course, instead of just buying a new printer (because I really like my old one) I printed everything on vellum and affixed it to the cardstock with adhesive spray or brads. I actually ended up liking the layered look it achieved.
              However, I just bought a new printer that feeds from the top (my old one feeds from underneath) and it can handle cardstock just fine. Does yours feed from top or bottom?

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                My printer will not print on cardstock. Of course, instead of just buying a new printer (because I really like my old one) I printed everything on vellum and affixed it to the cardstock with adhesive spray or brads. I actually ended up liking the layered look it achieved.
                However, I just bought a new printer that feeds from the top (my old one feeds from underneath) and it can handle cardstock just fine. Does yours feed from top or bottom?
                feeds from bottom!
                but I just got it to work! Actually I was printing the petal toss wording that I saw you did on sparkly paper so cute!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users