Photo

Punta Cana Can't choose which hotel!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ginae618

Ginae618
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hi. I'm getting married in DR in May 2011. Right now we are trying to choose which hotel. Our picks are the Dreams Punta Cana, Paradisus Palma Real, and The Majestic Eleganance. Any one who can give me any info on these would be greatly appriciated. What did you like/dislike? How was the food, service, hotel itself, wedding coordinator. Where they pretty flexiable? We're looking to have 100 people with more traditional food and music for our DW. Any advice would help. Thanks so much!

#2 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hi,
      I haven't been to any of those hotels, but I suggest chcking out the Reviews section of the forum - or do a search to try and find additional information.

Good luck! Choosing a resort is the hardest part.
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#3 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
      • 657 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

I am getting married at Palma Real in March. I have had very little problems working with their WC. It is a very big resort, but with that said it is also a little on the high end. From what I found most package for most resort are for 20 people and you have to pay per person after that. Just want to let you know that ahead of time. You might want to look at doing to a la cart.
        Cory & Jennifer
        March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

i got married at the Palma Real a year ago and loved it there. there's a link to my review i my siggy that talks about most of the stuff you have questions on. goodluck.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 lovelytlc

lovelytlc
          • 192 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Ginae618,

I am in the same boat as you! One of my friends has her honeymoon at Palma Real and loved so I am thinking about going with this resort based on my friends opinion and the pictures I have seen from trip advisor. However, I do notice on this website, there are not alot of people who are getting married at Palma Real. I am assuming it is because the price is a little higher than Paradisus Punta Cana and Dreams.

I am planning to go to DR in Jan/Feb to review my top two resorts. To see how they look before I actually decide on one.

Again if anyone can provide any more insight. I would appreciate it.

#6 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
            • 829 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Good luck!! there are so many to choose from! But try not to get distracted, and just remember that it's your wedding day --- and no matter where you are, what package they have, what time it's at, it will be perfect!! :)

#7 Ginae618

Ginae618
              • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm going ot meet with the WC at the PPR in March. Hopefully I will have a lot of information to share.

#8 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
                • 657 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ginae618
                  I'm going ot meet with the WC at the PPR in March. Hopefully I will have a lot of information to share.
                  When are you going in March? My wedding is on March 13, 2010. Maybe I will see you down there.

Jennifer
                  Cory & Jennifer
                  March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#9 AshleyK

AshleyK
                  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

I am getting married at Paradisus Palma Real in July 2010. It was a really hard choice, and I stressed over every review on TripAdvisor! In the end PPR won because it had the most to offer, and the wedding coordinator has been super nice.

#10 Ginae618

Ginae618
                    • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm going March 4th - 8th. Have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users