Rehersal Dinner and Reception Food Ideas

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JennLizFran
    Ooooo......what's the carribean buffet??
    I just noticed that its for 50 guests and up
    Most peeople in my party are adventurous and too bad for those who are not cos this is what theyre going to get
    Actually I think theres somethinfg for everyone which is why I chose it.

I hesitated about the buffet idea but I think it will be a way for people to mingle a little.

Wedding Dinner ~ Buffet Menu
    Buffet Menu from 50 guest and up

Hot Station
    Steam Callalloo
    Rice & Peas
    Curried Mutton
    Baked Chicken
    Steamed Fish with Okra
    Fried Bammies

Action Station /Grilled Station
    Jerk Chicken
    Barbeque (Beef) Ribs
    Grilled Sea Food Kabobs (ex: fish, shrimp & scallops)

Action Station / Carving Station
    Roasted Turkey or Roasted Lamb

Salad Station
    Potato Salad
    Carrot & Raisin Salad
    Tossed Salad with 3 Choice of Dressing

Dessert Station
    Corn Bread Pudding
    Banana Cream Pie
    Black Forrest Cake
    Cheese Cake

#22 JenniferSS

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hey Bosi!

I just wanted to touch base - although the resort said sold out I was able to get you a room twice when you asked me too and had it held for a week both times pulling special favors - but you never responded to my Pm's nor emailed me directly. Not sure if you still needed it or if I can pull it off again but please email me directly so I know what is up!

#23 MontegoBay

• 38 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:08 AM

Hi there,

I am getting married at the Royal Caribbean w/Private Island resort on May 22, 2010... I have 10-12 people (us included) going. I wanted to find out from previous Sandals wedding experience if you HAVE to pay the extra costs for additional ppl at your "cake cutting/reception" or if you can just order champagne from the bar ahead of time and have one of your bridesmades bring it to the private area where you cut your cake. Something about paying extra to have drinks and some finger food doesnt seem right to me being that we are paying for our guests to come to our "all inclusive" wedding. I dont want to cheap out but it isnt cheap when you are paying for immediate family to attend your wedding for 4 nights..... Any suggestions on how to have a sit down dinner / reception at a restaurant or having champagne at the cake cutting,etc would be greatly appreciated.

#24 meseh

• 194 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

thanks so much for your beautiful wedding review, congrads

#25 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi Andrea,

We booked the DJ at our wedding and to me it was worth the $600 due to the size of our group. We had a blast!! The DJ kept saying that this was going to be the last song and ended up playing four or five more songs after that. They cleared a area at the front of the ballroom for dancing. It was enough space for everyone to move! Our wedding coordinator introduced us as husband and wife.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users