Photo

how to include something special for fi (eg.hockey) ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

I was also going to suggest the garter. It will be a nice surprise for him when he goes to remove it. And, it won't take away from everything else.

#12 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

This is one thing I have been trying to incorporate!! FI is a HUGE Boston Bruins fan... We are not doing a garter or a flower toss at our wedding.. We wanted no dancing just an intimate dinner and a lounging area. Just good food with our loved ones!!! So I have been trying to figure out how to pull in those gosh darn bruins.. So I am very interested what everyone has to think about this topic!! Please keep these ideas coming!!

#13 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
      • 283 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Are you doing and AHR?  That's where I am incorporating the personalization...  We are traveling with our families only, 18 total and our AHR will have over 100 of our friends and family.  I left it up to him to pick what kind of dinner he wanted for the AHR, and since he is a seafood nut and charter captain on the weekends we are doing a traditional clambake on the water.  I'm having a special cake made for him of his favorite fish, a bluefin tuna... Will add little things throughout the decor as well.   

#14 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

The garter is a perfect (subtle) way to incorporate a sports team.  My fiance and I attended rival universities, so I found a garter site that would put the logos for both universities on the garter.  I tried to keep it a secret from him, but I was just too proud of myself and ended up showing him when they arrived in the mail - doh!

If you are not doing a garter, then the cake topper is a great way to go.  I had a personalized cake topper made with my fiance and I in our wedding attire.  But there is no reason you couldn't switch out your fiance's shirt/jacket for a Bruins sweater!  I had mine made as a surprise, and I think surprising your then husband at the reception/dinner with his team would make you the best new wife in the world. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users