Photo

how to include something special for fi (eg.hockey) ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jawedding

jawedding
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

My Fi is a HUGE Maple Leafs fan (i know, they're terrible). I'm not a huge sports fan, but a lot of the wedding is to my taste, and I would like to include something just for him (even something small).. Have any of you done anything like this? any ideas? any special surprises for your fi?
    33 People Booked!!

#2 Patti

Patti
    • 555 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

Yes, I'm doing something special. My FI is a HUGE Chicago sports fan. I was going to have a groom's cake made in a design of something to do with the Cubs or Bears, however, we have a very small crowd and the wedding cake is more than we can handle. His birthday is the day after we arrive - and 2 days before the wedding. I'm having a cake made and delivered to the restaurant where we are having our welcome dinner as a suprise to him. It's going to be in the shape of the Wrigley Field sign. Here is a link that could possibly give you some ideas. Coolest Homemade Sports Cakes Photos and How-To Tips Good luck.

#3 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

how about a sports garter?
        TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS Inspired Wedding Garter Set by GartersByKristi

#4 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
        • 516 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

What are you doing for your cake topper? We included the personalization there. Or in my husband's case, he wore a belt underneath the untucked shirt with a joke belt buckle that had the logo on it. He would flash it occasionally to make everyone laugh.

#5 debbmach

debbmach
          • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

i love the garter idea...who knew that they even made those! that'd be an awesome little surprise for him (an then you don't have to ruin your wedding with TML paraphernalia..LOL)!
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 trobin01

trobin01
            • 203 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem. Although even FI seems to have lost enthusiasm for the leafs of late. But the garter is a great idea- and with TO colours it can be your "something blue"

#7 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
              • 280 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

I am doing a DUKE basketball garter and I ordered mine through garters by kristi mentioned above and love it! My fiance is going to be really surprised!

#8 Danielle77

Danielle77
                • 200 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

I am doing a Vancouver Canuck garter. My mom added the emblem to a garter.

#9 alkoch

alkoch
                  • 515 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

I was going to suggest a garter! I just got a Chicago Bears garter - I love it! It will be a great surprise for the guests.

#10 noelles

noelles
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:06 PM

I have done something a little different for the guys, my FH is a huge guitar junkie, I have 18 and counting in my house, and yup he plays them all, but his favorite is a very expensive Taylor guitar, I contacted the company and they sent me a miniature version, FOR FREE, they loved this idea, I used the miniature with a guitar pick fan around the back as his bout, our son is the best man and he is a call of duty nutbar, so I have used a keychain ps3 controller and laminated scans made wee of the game for his bout, my dad is all about the coors beer so he has a beer bottle bout, future father in law is a retired police officer and so on, I wanted to really personalize things, I havent gotten the pics done yet but will post them as an album when I can

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users