Order of vows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eec129

• 108 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hi - I feel like this is an easy question, but when reciting the vows, who comes first, woman or man? I say woman, fi thinks man?!?! What is traditional? I would assume woman but maybe I am crazy!
    44 booked plus bride and groom!

#2 Islandbride2b

• 198 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

I have always been told, and at the weddings I have attended and have been in; the Groom always goes first. :) Hope that helps.. but in my opinion.. its your wedding, and if you going first would make you happy then do it the way you want to do it!! :)

#3 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

I have attended quite a few weddings and looked at the wedding ceremonies of the brides on this forum, and it appears that the grooms vows come first in most of them.
        Check out the threads on the ceremonies and vows on this site, you should be able to make up your mind . I dont think it really matters though as long as you both are happy with it.

#4 allyson779

• 238 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

The most important thing in my book is saying "I Do" and sealing it with a kiss =)
          ... But if you want to be traditional or do what is most common than the Groom goes first.
          Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users