Photo

casa velas boutique or gran velas for honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

My fiance and I are getting married in PV but are switching hotels for our honeymoon. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? We did tour gran velas and loved it but it is expensive. We looked at casa velas on trip advisor but we dont like that its not located on the beach. Does anyone have any recommendations?

#2 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
    • 139 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

I am having my wedding at Casa Velas in April. I have visited the property and I love it! The grounds are beautiful!!!! They have a shuttle that takes you to the private beach club and I have heard from other you never have to wait for the shuttle. I also heard the food is amazing. I too was thinking about Grand Velas but the prices weren't within my budget (for the wedding). Check out Flickr.com for photos or send me a PM and then I think send you other links that have photos.
      So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#3 TAM1118

TAM1118
      • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

Grand Velas is my FAVORITE hotel in PV/ NV. I just stayed there for my honeymoon this week, and the hotel is fawless! I have heard that casa veas is also very nice, but from what I understand ( from the hotel) the grand velas is their nicest property.

#4 Beckymar

Beckymar
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hi! My best friend had her honeymoon at Casa Velas in March and says it was wonderful! All during her stay, they got special turndown service: one day they got chocolate covered strawberrries, another day wine, etc. They loved the intimacy of the hotel: very small and equally luxurious, she said she had never been pampered as much in a luxury hotel. Note being on the beach was not a problem at all, they could get a free shuttle any time they wanted to/from Casa Velas, the sister property Velas Vallarta, and the private Beach CLub. She said they are definitely going back for their aniversary...

#5 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
          • 307 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the recommendations! I am still going back and forth. My fiance and I toured Grand Velas and just loved it. We would like to save some money though and stay at Casa Velas. Hopefully I will figure it out before November 21st!!!

#6 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

check the link in my siggy for my Casa Velas honeymoon review...IT WAS AMAZING!

#7 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

oh also Jess is on her honeymoon there RIGHT NOW! so I am sure she can add her two cents next week when she gets back!

#8 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

I just got back from Casa Velas last night!! woop. It was so incredible and perfect for a honeymoon. We also got to go to Grand Velas for dinner one night since we were staying at Casa Velas and it was incredible also. It really depends on what you want. Grand Velas is huge but spectacular - Casa Velas is small and intimate (also spectacular). The beach thing isn't a big deal (I thought it would be but the golf course is so gorgeous). Also they have a private beach club to go to that is incredible.

Ahh there is so much more so feel free to ask, but we were going back and forth but decided on Casa Velas since it was adults only. We came to find out that Grand Velas doesn't have many kids since it is so $$ though. My vote for honeymoon would be Casa Velas after visiting both :)

#9 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
                  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the review Jess! :) I'm soooo excited about Casa Velas!
                    So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#10 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

you are going to have the best wedding ever there!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users