Jump to content

Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)


  • Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1991 lianne

lianne
  • Newbie
  • 134 posts

    Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

    LaLa116, 

    That's exactly how I felt.  We only had 1.5 hours of dancing also (even with the extra hour!) so we opted for the ipod.  I was pretty worried about it but it was perfect.  I would do it all over again.  I had a DJ friend mix the songs together though so there were no breaks between the songs and it flowed nicely.  I think someone mentioned you can get an ipod app that does this too.   Blanca said that I needed someone to be in charge of the music so I had my brother....but I honestly don't think he had to do much..I think the guy that is in charge of the sound system helped out.  We also did not have an MC so the boat director was ours and it was great.  Everything went so smoothly.  Hope this helps!  



    #1992 LaLa1116

    LaLa1116
    • Site Supporter
    • 168 posts

      Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

      Lianne,

       

      Thanks so much! This does help a lot.  I downloaded the app that you mentioned and am really hoping to use the iPod and save some money. Especially because I would like some control over the playlist and have already spent a ton of time making one.  The boat director acted as the MC... I was wondering if he announced you into the reception and/or announced important moments through out the event, like first dance, etc?  What portion of the music did your brother control?  Ceremony and everything?

       

      Thanks again, Lianne. I really appreciate your help.

       

      Lauren

       

      Any other iPod brides with input?



      #1993 lianne

      lianne
      • Newbie
      • 134 posts

        Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

        Originally Posted by LaLa1116 

        Lianne,

         

        Thanks so much! This does help a lot.  I downloaded the app that you mentioned and am really hoping to use the iPod and save some money. Especially because I would like some control over the playlist and have already spent a ton of time making one.  The boat director acted as the MC... I was wondering if he announced you into the reception and/or announced important moments through out the event, like first dance, etc?  What portion of the music did your brother control?  Ceremony and everything?

         

        Thanks again, Lianne. I really appreciate your help.

         

        Lauren

         

        Any other iPod brides with input?

        So what I did was a playlist for every moment (seating, bridesmaid walk down, my walk down, cocktail hour, first dance and the dance party) and I had also written it all down just so no one would be confused lol.  My brother said that he just had to queue up the songs and show the guy which ones to play and the guy took care of the rest.  It didn't sound like my brother had to do anything and was able to enjoy his night.  But I would prepare someone to be in charge of it just in case because Blanca did tell me that I would be 100% in charge of music.  

        And yes the boat director announced everything for us (bride and groom entrance, first dance, dance, cake cutting, fire dancers, lanterns that we brought).  They were so organized.  I was blown away!  If you need any song ideas I still have my list and can e-mail it to you if you want.  Have fun planning!



        #1994 LaLa1116

        LaLa1116
        • Site Supporter
        • 168 posts

          Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

          We've finally decided to go without the DJ.  Thanks again for your feedback.  I don't think I could've made the decision without hearing from someone with experience. Thank goodness for this forum!

           

          I plan on asking my best friend to man the iPod, so I have one more question...where is the iPod set up located?  Will she have easy access to it?  I don't want her to miss anything...



          #1995 lianne

          lianne
          • Newbie
          • 134 posts

            Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

            I finally posted my review! You can read it at http://www.bestdesti...as/reviews/7380

            Hope it helps!  



            #1996 jajajaja

            jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

              Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

              LaLa- I was married years ago so forgive me if outdated, but they set up the table for the iPod right next to the dance floor. Very convenient and I often manned it myself when I decided I wasn't feeling a particular song anymore. We only had 20 guests so it was very intimate.
              Happily married since 2008

              #1997 tammylee

              tammylee
              • Newbie
              • 5 posts

                Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

                I'm soo excitied to be getting married March 23/2014 at las caletas.. Does anyone know about barcelo puerto vallarta resort?

                #1998 Branya2012

                Branya2012
                • Jr. Member
                • 200 posts

                  Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

                  Our wedding group stayed at the Barcelo PV! It was a little far from town, but the bus stopped right outside to get to town when we wanted to do that. It was a really nice resort, they were accommodating for our group for a welcome dinner and the setup of the pools made it really easy find people from our group. Most people that came to our wedding were first timers to Mexico and they were happy with the resort. The only real complaint was the distance from town and the airport, but I don't think that took away from anyone's trip!

                   

                  If you have any more questions, pm me!

                   

                  And congrats on picking Las Caletas! Your wedding will be more amazing that you could ever dream of! :)

                  Originally Posted by tammylee 

                  I'm soo excitied to be getting married March 23/2014 at las caletas.. Does anyone know about barcelo puerto vallarta resort?

                  ~ December 5, 2012 ~

                  ~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~


                  #1999 LaLa1116

                  LaLa1116
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 168 posts

                    Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

                    Originally Posted by *Rachel* 

                    LaLa- I was married years ago so forgive me if outdated, but they set up the table for the iPod right next to the dance floor. Very convenient and I often manned it myself when I decided I wasn't feeling a particular song anymore. We only had 20 guests so it was very intimate.

                    Thank you, Rachel!



                    #2000 LaLa1116

                    LaLa1116
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 168 posts

                      Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

                      Hi Ladies!

                       

                      I posted this in the Dreams thread also but figured I would ask you guys, too.  I would like to get a hair and makeup trial done a few days before the wedding and would ideally like the stylist to come to the resort to do the trial.  However, when planning our engagement photo session during our site visit, Dreams said we would have to pay a $50 fee to allow our photographer on the beach and/or resort. 

                       

                      I know Ann mentioned going into town and having her trial done in the salon but not sure if that has changed since then.  Waiting to hear back from Blanca about other options.   

                       

                      Has anyone who stayed at Dreams PV used an off-site stylist or vendor days before the wedding?  If you have, did you have to pay a guest fee?  I would really like to avoid a fee for a stylist just to come to our room for an hour.

                       

                      Thanks in advance for any info!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users