Photo

Has anyone made their own luggage tag STD's / Logos????

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 beckyandbrian

beckyandbrian
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Hi everyone. I am trying my best to lower as many costs as possible and thought I would take a stab and making my own STD's. I love the luggage tag ideas and found that you can buy the clear luggage tag holders and Staples or Office Max. I think that a normal business card template would be the correct size, but I am having some issues trying to create them. I am also trying to creat a logo and have tried using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Excel, etc. and can't seem to get it right. All of my logos end up looking so cheesy! Where is everyone getting the backgrounds and the monograms that look so nice?? All of the clip art I can find is kind of goofy & doesn't look so classy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I am a brand new member and every time that I try to open an attachment on previous posts, it tells me that I don't have enought points?? Do I just get points by participating? Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I have no idea what I'm doing on here!!

Thanks,
    Becky
    Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

Yes Sarah (aquarider) made her own luggage tags, it should be in the DIY section.

Yeap the more active you are on the forum the more points you get. Welcome and happy planning..

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Becky,
        I will do my best here. First of all to open an attachment you need 50 points. I had the same problem when I first started. I just gave you some to play with.
        If you search around here Maria has been a great help in sharing how to make logos in Powerpoint. Once you get a handle on how to do it you will addicted! Hopefully she can let you know how to do it.
        Good luck!

#4 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beckyandbrian
          Hi everyone. I am trying my best to lower as many costs as possible and thought I would take a stab and making my own STD's. I love the luggage tag ideas and found that you can buy the clear luggage tag holders and Staples or Office Max. I think that a normal business card template would be the correct size, but I am having some issues trying to create them. I am also trying to creat a logo and have tried using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Excel, etc. and can't seem to get it right. All of my logos end up looking so cheesy! Where is everyone getting the backgrounds and the monograms that look so nice?? All of the clip art I can find is kind of goofy & doesn't look so classy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I am a brand new member and every time that I try to open an attachment on previous posts, it tells me that I don't have enought points?? Do I just get points by participating? Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I have no idea what I'm doing on here!!

Thanks,
          Becky

I have instructions on how to download clipart and make your own monograms/logos on our website. There are also a couple templates you can use by just adding in your own date/name/location.

Frank and Maria - Our Wedding Journey

click on DIY Brides and enter the password:
          ourwedding

you'll see instructions for downloading the powerpoint tutorial telling you how to make them...

#5 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
          • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

I used PowerPoint. I downloaded "cool" fonts from www.dafonts.com and used clipart for pictures. My work computer has more cliparts available than my home computer so I saved those and used them :) Good luck!

#6 beckyandbrian

beckyandbrian
            • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

Thank you all so much! This info really helps! I will get working now!

Thanks again!
              Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#7 mridgway

mridgway
              • 132 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi Becky! I have not made the luggage tags yet, but have been looking into them so that I can send them out to people right before the wedding. We found an inexpensive laminator at Office Max (or Office Depot...can't remember which one...). We wanted them to be a little sturdier, so are going this route. We priced the sleeves at $5 for 25.

I've also priced out places like Kinkos to have them laminate them for us and we found that buying our own laminator and the sleeves was much less expensive. We are also using the business card size - haven't started my template for this yet.

Best of luck with your project! Melissa

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

http://bestdestinati....templates.html
                  a good disscussion on making logos. You'll have to get some points though to open the templates. I like making the logo in powerpoint. Check out the last few posts. There is a link to a font to download that has cool beach clipart.

#9 katm

katm
                  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

do you know how many points I need to open because I can't see the designs Heidi created at all.

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by katm
                      do you know how many points I need to open because I can't see the designs Heidi created at all.
                      I think that the attachment is gone for that. PM her and she will prob email them to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users