Photo

Photographer-Who are you using?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Thank you all very much for your great suggestions! :)

My fiance actually has a friend who is a professional photographer living in Puerto Vallarta, Elizabeth Lloyd, who has offered to give us a pretty good deal and will be photographing the entire week. He wasn't sure if she would be available or what she would charge...but it just so happens that she is available and is willing to do it for a great price! So it looks like I have it covered.

I also want to thank you Ask.CostaRica for the information regarding ceremony time...I will def be moving the ceremony time up and will also be talking with the restaurant about the dinner and reception times....and in your earlier post you mentioned being very familiar with the Puerto Viejo area...do you have any suggestions on areas or places to go for the post wedding photos (TTD)? If so I would love to hear them!

Jennifer

#12 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
    • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Depending on your reception site I would be able to make some suggestions. Let me know where you will be at. Remember that from Puerto Viejo to Manzanillo it is 11km of really pretty coastline but you have to consider timing/lighting.

#13 molissa10

molissa10
      • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'm using El Velo, see post above me for details. I will have pics to show next month! =)

#14 ashleed

ashleed
        • 161 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Fino Photography is great for Costa Rica, I have seen El Velo and they do great work as well!

#15 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
          • 223 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

Actually Sarah from Fino used to work with us but left the country. Is she back?

#16 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
            • 223 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Jennifer,

Something that you should know. Sarah Browne from Fino Photography is an excellent and very artistic photographer. Sarah actually used to work with us and decided to move back to the US for personal reasons. Through a WC we found out that she has been informing her clients that she can't make the wedding last minute and having a photographer we let go recently (for several reasons) cover them for her. Sarah does beautiful work and we were very sorry to see her leave CR( we have left the door open for her to come back and work with us), make sure she will be attending to have the beautiful images that she shows in her site. We think it is only fair that you are well informed about this.

#17 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
              • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for the info Ask.CostaRica....I am actually not planning on using Sarah since my fiance's friend has agreed to cover the wedding for us, but I do appreciate all of the great feedback I have received from you on this site and I'm sure other brides looking for a photographer will appreciate the heads up :)

#18 JenK

JenK
                • 302 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

What kind of costs can I expect with a photographer in CR? I'm trying to set out my budget and wondering what most people have paid. Thanks!

#19 molissa10

molissa10
                  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

Hi Jennifer,

I'm not sure if you found a photographer yet, but I was just married on May 10th and we used El Velo Photography. Juan Carlos is an amazing photographer and we couldn't be happier!!! He's a genius behind the camera! Email me for pics...as I'm a newby and can't post yet (or at least I haven't figured it out!).

~Mellisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users