Switching Plans!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsYak

• 372 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

We will be getting married on 1/11/11, which is only a year and couple months away so I feel like i have to get a basic idea of what we are doing for the wedding. Originally, I was planning St Thomas. But after speaking to a couple all inclusive resorts there it was way to expensive to ask my guests to pay that would like to join us at the wedding. They were asking about $550/night, which just was a little too high for me. Does anyone have any idea, is it crazy for me to have a limit at about $1500-$2000 per person for an all inclusive resort for a week? Now we are thinking Jamiaca, and I have noticed they have many resorts and options here. Any help or suggestions on which resorts to start at with my price limit please let me know!!

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

That limit per person is not crazy at all. I had originally looked into St. John and Croix in the beginning but ran into the same problem, there was no way I could ask my guests to spend what they were asking so we moved to Mexico. I'm not sure about Jamaica but I know a lot of brides on here will be able to help you. Try checking out some reviews on brides who have had weddings in Jamaica.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 JenniferSS

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

If that price is just for the resort ( not airfare) then yes it is entirely possible to do that in Jamaica or Mexico! You will have several choices of all inclusive properties ranging from 3 star-4star.

If that includes airfare- then it's going to be considerably harder and will narrow your choices down- especially in the 1500 p.p. range but it is still do-able!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users