• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Natalie79 

Thanks for the reminder!  It's a little weird because I'm getting married Oct 30th...the time changes that night in Mexico but it does not change in the US until Nov 7th...but at least my guests will get an extra hour of sleep!

Yeah, a little extra sleep....  The biggest problem we see is brides who plan their wedding start time on Oct 31-Nov 7 PAST the scheduled sunset time and end up with a dark dark ceremony.  We always recommend starting at least 1 hr before the scheduled sunset.

What is sad, hotels (usually the all inclusive hotels) will not necessarily advise their clients of this because they are filling beds and find they loose a time slot after the time change because brides want sunset... imagine that :)

#22 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

This is very use full, Thanks so much Matt! Maybe you could write a book lol, Your like the best resource when it comes to all things Mexican Destination Wedding

#23 jaccat15

jaccat15
      • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hi Natalie!!!

My wedding is the same night!! where are you getting married??? we will be at Secrets Maroma Beach.

We have to have our wedding at sunset that night (we are jewish) and I figured this out when i was looking for the time a while back - now I have to remember to remind my guests!!!!

Thanks for the reminder!  It's a little weird because I'm getting married Oct 30th...the time changes that night in Mexico but it does not change in the US until Nov 7th...but at least my guests will get an extra hour of sleep!

#24 jaccat15

jaccat15
        • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

here is a link to sunset times in case anyone needs them :)

http://www.timeandda...n&afl=-11&day=1

#25 Natalie79

Natalie79
          • 112 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by jaccat15 

Hi Natalie!!!

My wedding is the same night!! where are you getting married??? we will be at Secrets Maroma Beach.

We have to have our wedding at sunset that night (we are jewish) and I figured this out when i was looking for the time a while back - now I have to remember to remind my guests!!!!

Awesome!  Your the 1st other bride i've seen on here getting married on 10/30.  Everyone says to me "halloween"?  But I don't care, hehehe. Secrets Maroma is awesome!  I'm getting married at the Royal Playa del Carmen.   Our ceremony is at 5, so about an hour before sunset?  We're getting so close!!!!

I printed out a little sheet to put in my OOT bags with the time change.  Hope it helps!

#26 *Linds*

*Linds*
            • 5,776 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

haha sort of an important detail! Thanks for sharing!

Loving married life! <3

#27 jaccat15

jaccat15
              • 196 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

i knowm, everyone says "halloween?" but it's not!

the Royal is so nice, good luck and congrats!!!!! Praying for great weather for us!!

Awesome!  Your the 1st other bride i've seen on here getting married on 10/30.  Everyone says to me "halloween"?  But I don't care, hehehe. Secrets Maroma is awesome!  I'm getting married at the Royal Playa del Carmen.   Our ceremony is at 5, so about an hour before sunset?  We're getting so close!!!!

I printed out a little sheet to put in my OOT bags with the time change.  Hope it helps!

#28 MrzzMel

MrzzMel
                • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thank you this is very helpful!

#29 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hello ladies!

Thought it would be a good time to share our CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users