Gifts for legal day witnesses

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

Hey guys

Just wondering - is anyone getting their legal day witnesses a gift, and if so, what are they giving?

I have two friends that are unable to come to our wedding as they both just had babies, and I was wondering if I should get them a little something.

You ladies always have fabulous suggestions, so I'll be waiting to hear from you!

#2 lily17bear

lily17bear
    • 217 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I served as a witness to the legal portion of my FBIL's wedding and I remember getting no gift. And if I recall, we all went for lunch afterwards which my FI paid for. Interesting...

It would have been nice to get something from them though, so maybe getting them a little thank you wouldn't be so bad.

#3 TeNeil

TeNeil
      • 192 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

We are definitely getting our witnesses a gift.........but have no idea what to get. Any ideas out there?

#4 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

We have one bridesmaid and one groomsman, so we have to pick two other people to cover out witnesses. I have decided to get all of them something. More for the two actually standing in the wedding for sure, but I still want to give the witnesses something, just dont quite know what yet. I have a cosmetic "bridesmaid" bag filled with coconut products, a pashmina, and starfish necklace for my MOH and I will probably get her a massage before the wedding. But thats all I have so far. Ideas would be good?! lol

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

I dont think you need to get them anything, but that is just my opinion.

I think maybe I would take people out for a celebratory drink or lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users