Jump to content

Photo

Sending out wedding info in an email???


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

    Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

    Michelle, your website looks great, very informative! :)

    ~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

    We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

    We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


    #12 rodent

    rodent

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

      Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

      Lisa- If you do go with wedorama, be sure to get the discounted price through the knot. sorry if someone already said that. I didn't reread all the messages.

      Michelle- Your website is great. I really like the welcome message. I've been struggling to write something similar for my front page. Mind if I adapt yours for my intro?

      #13 NATASHA

      NATASHA
      • Member
      • 646 posts

        Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

        We sent an evite. The great thing about that is that people are used to responding which greatly helped us know who was in, maybe, or no so we could plan our room blook accordingly.

        The feedback we received from people was that they appreciated having information early relative to:
        -Date (obvious)
        -Hotel and cost (so they could research)
        -High level overview on transportation (is it easy to get to the hotel from the airport)

        People didn't get to planned activities until literally the week before the wedding. Feel free to let people know that you will have more information about things to do while in Cabo and things you will be doing (spa day, golf outing, etc.) as you get closer.

        We sent that information out via email as well as included in our formal invitations.
        Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

        #14 NATASHA

        NATASHA
        • Member
        • 646 posts

          Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

          Are your guests visiting your wedding website?

          I was surprised when I checked our web statistics that only 4 of 65 invitees (including my mom and my dad)actually went to our website. They responded to our emails so I know they were interested in getting information, but I was so frustrated when they all kept contacting me with the same questions and I kept saying, "Well, as I said before and in our emails, all this information is on our website."
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

          #15 lavalos

          lavalos
          • Jr. Member
          • 261 posts

            Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

            Thanks for the great tips, Natasha! We do not have our website up and I really want to get information out ASAP! Evite is a good option, however, I'm wondering if people will be confused as to where to RSVP...the evite or the website--I like the multiple RSVP features wedorama offers? I think I'm just going to send out an email with the gen'l travel info (ie., get your passports NOW!) travel/hotel info and add updates to activities and such later, as you recommend. I haven't checked wedorama but I'm assuming I can print out a newsletter for those invitees who really do not have easy access to a computer (I guess the phone works as well!)

            Thanks again! Lisa

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by NATASHA
            Are your guests visiting your wedding website?

            I was surprised when I checked our web statistics that only 4 of 65 invitees (including my mom and my dad)actually went to our website. They responded to our emails so I know they were interested in getting information, but I was so frustrated when they all kept contacting me with the same questions and I kept saying, "Well, as I said before and in our emails, all this information is on our website."
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by NATASHA
            We sent an evite. The great thing about that is that people are used to responding which greatly helped us know who was in, maybe, or no so we could plan our room blook accordingly.

            The feedback we received from people was that they appreciated having information early relative to:
            -Date (obvious)
            -Hotel and cost (so they could research)
            -High level overview on transportation (is it easy to get to the hotel from the airport)

            People didn't get to planned activities until literally the week before the wedding. Feel free to let people know that you will have more information about things to do while in Cabo and things you will be doing (spa day, golf outing, etc.) as you get closer.

            We sent that information out via email as well as included in our formal invitations.


            #16 lavalos

            lavalos
            • Jr. Member
            • 261 posts

              Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

              Thanks Morgan! Yes, I found wedorama through the Knot so am taking advantage of the discount!

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by mlb36
              Lisa- If you do go with wedorama, be sure to get the discounted price through the knot. sorry if someone already said that. I didn't reread all the messages.

              Michelle- Your website is great. I really like the welcome message. I've been struggling to write something similar for my front page. Mind if I adapt yours for my intro?





              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users