Photo

DR Iberostar Grand

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nutmeg317

nutmeg317
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

Planning to get married at Iberostar Grand in April. Does anyone have any pictures of weddings there? Or has anyone stayed there?

#2 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

I am planning to get married at IBG in December, 2010. I have been communicating with groups and they informed me that currently have no pictures of weddings, but they should by the end of the year (that doesn't help you now :-)) Anyhow, I visit tripadvisor a couple of days a week and read the reviews there. So far, so good. Please keep me posted on how your planning is with IBG. Thanks!
      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#3 nutmeg317

nutmeg317
      • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

That is what they told me as well about pictures. They will have them in Dec, due to the resort being new. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

#4 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

They've only done a few very small (like just the couple) weddings there since they opened. The WC are very capable though and they are booking weddings for 2010 like crazy. They should have exact details and pics etc in the near future. The place is awesome. Expensive, but beautiful!

#5 nutmeg317

nutmeg317
          • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info. The place looks awesome. Can't wait to go!!!!

#6 icanhaswedding

icanhaswedding
            • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

nutmeg and msglave- i am looking into the grand for our dw in 2011. since there is no info from the iberostar website about weddings at the grand, can you post if the wcs sent you any kind of package information/ info about ceremony sites/ how much it would be to rent out the restaurants for the reception/rehearsal dinner/ etc.? i sent an email to the wcs at the bavaro a few days ago because that's the only email i could find, and haven't heard anything back yet. is there somebody at the grand to contact directly? thanks so much and can't wait to read your reviews!

#7 Christy

Christy
              • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Yes any info. you brides find on this would be great. Im too trying to find out more about weddings at the grand. Waiting for hte rates for 2011. LOVE this resort.
                AMAZING!

#8 TA Dina

TA Dina
                • 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

I just returned from staying at IBG 2 weeks ago. Beautiful! If I can answer questions or help with planning let me know. Pics aren't up on our FB page yet but soon...I promise.

#9 Kamilla850

Kamilla850
                  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

I stayed here back in February and it was amazing, probably one of the best resorts that I have ever stayed in. and certainly the best that I have stayed at in DR (although I hear Tortuga Bay is excellent but very $$$). Keep in mind that it is pricey, we paid approx $5K for a week so that may be a consideration for your guests.

#10 HDCphoto

HDCphoto
                    • Banned
                    • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

I have pictures of the resort and also the email of the wedding coordinator. If you are interested, you can contact me at arnaudbrichet@hdcphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users