Photo

How about email only STDs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 affiwin

affiwin
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

My fiance and I are finally locking down our date for Playa Mujeres, Mexico for July 31, 2010. Finally!!! Our guests are coming from far and wide, the US, UK, Europe, and Africa (West and South). I was thinking of only doing an email STD since we have folks coming from around the globe and then mail out invitations later. Per etiquette and in our digital world is this ok? How soon should we be sending out the STDs? Any thoughts on this would be fab.

#2 KRama

KRama
    • 421 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

I think it's perfectly fine! In fact, I did that myself! We were getting a lot of questions about what we were planning and we wanted to give our guests as much notice as possible so we sent out an email with all the info we had confirmed at that point. It went over really well as people could just reply with questions if they had any.

A friend of mine that was getting married locally sent her STDs by email as well. I think it's a perfectly acceptable option this day and age, especially since your guests are all over globe! Just remember those people that don't have access to email (like my grandma!) or don't check it very often...you may have to send them something.

#3 affiwin

affiwin
      • 177 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

Thanks so much KRama for your reply. Now we have a location it's all about the details. I need to get our site setup and start working on our communications with our TA. Trying to get as much done before I move overseas. So much going on.

#4 meghan

meghan
        • 832 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

I emailed our STD's out as well, and we will mail formal invites January 1st (for our wedding July 2 2010)

#5 scrouse

scrouse
          • 185 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

I agree! We wanted to give our guests lots of notice, so we sent out a generic email with brief details. Once we confirmed things, and got our travel info all ready, we sent out formal invites in the mail. But I also agree, that you need to remember the people who don't use email...so maybe a quick phone call to give them a head's up would work...

#6 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
            • 370 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

I agree! Save the money for your invites... maybe you can make some free postcards on vistaprint if there are some people you know that aren't very internet savvy.

#7 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
              • 168 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

This is the route I'm planning on going as well! I'm just gonna paste my monogram into a word doc and print the postcards myself for the few (3) that I need to send.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users