Location Help Needed!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bsb318

• 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi - I am looking to get married in May in the cancun area including cozumel, playa del carmen, puerto morales all the areas surrounding the airport. I do not want to get married on the beach as I do not want to deal with sand when I am in my dress, and don't want my guests to deal with it either. I am happy to get married in a garden gazebo if it has an ocean view. The main thing I am looking for that is more important is a terrace for the reception. I need a terrace large enough for a group of 60-75 people. I want it to be a terrace on or overlooking the beach and ocean. I do not want a pool deck or a terrace that overlooks the pool, I want to be on the water. I have been looking at soo many hotels I feel like I am going crazy. If anyone knows of a hotel that has a terrace like what I want PLEASE let me know. So far Intercontinental Presidente is one that seems to have what I want. I am also interested in seeing Le Meridian and both Marriots. ADVICE PLEASE!!

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Welcome bsb!
      I have a hotel in Tulum that has a large rooftop terrace overlooking the ocean that will be perfect for you. The hotel is Mil Amores and the mansion that I am speaking of was built by Pablo Escobar, so it is a gorgeous textural home. I can't access my flickr account right now since I'm at work, but I'll post a picture later tonight.
      Don't fret. We'll find you the perfect spot.

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Ok. Here are a few pictures of Mil Amores' rooftop deck:
        Wedding Scouting in Mexico

It's a really cool location and there is a lot you can do if you wanted your party to flow through the house. Take a look through the entire slideshow and you'll see pictures of the house.

There is also Blue Tulum, which is somewhere between a boutique hotel and a resort. It's all-inclusive, high-end, but only has 75 rooms. They do not have a beach, but they have built a dirt/sand pad overlooking the water. It's not really sand, it's white dirt (coarser).
        2008 Blue Tulum Resort Photos (Simpleviewer Slideshow Web-Res)
        I coordinate weddings in Tulum (and other boutique locations), which is about two hours south of Cancun so I can help you negotiate and coordinate your wedding with either of these hotels. Let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users