The Cloisters

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

Has anyone booked the Cloisters for their wedding? If so, what was the cost to rent the location? Does that cost include the set-up fees, costs of chairs, etc? Can you bring in your own chairs, flowers, minister, etc?

Also, did anyone have their wedding at the Clositers and reception outdoors at the Atlantis? Thanks.

#2 damaris

damaris
    • 462 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Do you mean the Cloisters in Inwood?
      65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#3 classadiva

classadiva
      • 685 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by damaris
        Do you mean the Cloisters in Inwood?

I'm speaking about the French Cloisters in Nassau, Bahamas...I was actually a maid of honor at a wedding at the Cloisters in Inwood, New York...very beautiful location.

#4 damaris

damaris
        • 462 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ok lol. I saw Ny so I assumed :)
          65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#5 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
          • 178 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

I know my wedding coordinator does weddings at this venue. You could contact her and ask about price. She has been very helpful! Bahamas Weddings Planners In The Bahamas Wedding Consultants Bahamas Destination Wedding Consultant

#6 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

You could also check with One & Only in the Bahamas - I believe that the Cloistures is actually on their property!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by classadiva
              Hi,

Has anyone booked the Cloisters for their wedding? If so, what was the cost to rent the location? Does that cost include the set-up fees, costs of chairs, etc? Can you bring in your own chairs, flowers, minister, etc?

Also, did anyone have their wedding at the Clositers and reception outdoors at the Atlantis? Thanks.

#7 Cdrolz

Cdrolz
              • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by classadiva
                Hi,

I am having my ceremony at the Cloisters & reception at the Atlantis (Cave Bar) in January. The fee for the Cloisters is $3,500 which includes chairs (standard picnic chairs), waiter passed water, champagne, and cold towels I believe. Dinah Knowles of the O&O handles bookings for the Cloisters. Also-if you are not having a reception at the O&O you will be limited to the earliest time slot of the day for your ceremony, as they reserve the later time slot for their guests.

#8 ashly87

ashly87
                • 120 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

Cdrolz, thanks for sharing. Would you mind also sharing how much you'll be charged for the reception at Atlantis?
                  "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#9 classadiva

classadiva
                  • 685 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

Cruisebride- Thank you so much for the information...and the link.

TA Jennifer...Thanks..I actually just read today in the latest issue of Destination Weddings that the Cloisters was on the property of the One and Only...LOVELY property!!!

Cdholz...such good info!!! The One and Only is gorgeous!!! I can't imagine being able to afford a reception there as they MUST be even higher than the Atlantis. However, $3,500 is the same price that the Atlantis charges so...this is a good option....and chairs and champagne included....I don't think the Atlantis does this. Do you know if they will allow you to take pictures on the beach on the O&O property? Also...I wonder just how early they make you hold your wedding if you do not hold your reception at the Atlantis? I will definitely call.

I am excited by this info...another option...wedding at the Cloisters and reception off the property of the Atlantis entirely. I could then give my guests many price points for hotels both on and off of Paradise Island. I wonder if the Atlantis would still give a group rate?

#10 classadiva

classadiva
                    • 685 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

CDHolz...one more question...the Atlantis FINALLY called me back and I was told to keep in mind that if I wanted to have the wedding at the Cloisters that I needed to think about transportation back to the Atlantis...otherwise my guests would be on the shuttle buses with everyone else that goes to the O&O. Did you hire a bus company to transport your guests back to the Atlantis?

Also...I was told that you can't have the wedding on the beach of the O&O unless you have 10 rooms booked for 3 nights.

I'm so excited...they are going to send some more information to me via e-mail other than the two page basic document I found on the internet...I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I might be so lucky to have my wedding at just about my favorite place in the world!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users