Between Ceremony & Reception

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 bearbunny

• 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

Our ceremony is at 3 and reception is at 7. We are planning on having a cocktail hour following the ceremony at 4. That gives our guests 2 hours to go back to the their rooms, grab a drink at the bar etc. Between the cocktail hour and reception we are going to finish taking our pictures and many will be included so that will kill some time. I wouldn't worry about it so much - put yourself in your guests shoes what would you do? go for a long walk on the beach, socialize with the other guests, go back to the room to freshen up etc. Either way they will be enjoying themselves afterall they are on a vacation!!!

#12 caribbeanLover

• 1,619 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

I agree with all the post. I had the same problem, and the FI said the same thing, allow the guest to change back into the bathing suites. My plan: Ceremony is at 2:30, takes 15 mins, but then I'm adding the sand ceremony, another 15 mins. So it's 3pm now. Cocktails and a tost. Then to pictures, all our guest will be included in some, and for those they are not, will probably want to take their own pictures. Now it's 4-4:15. We will head on over to a bar to have a few more drinks and play some wedding games. At some point most the men will have to go change their sandals to shoes for the restaurant. It'll be 6:30 by then.
      It wont be as long as you think!
      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
      Happily ever after...

#13 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
      • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

My reception is at 2pm as well.. I was so worried about it before. BUT, there is so much to do on the resorts and people are going to want to have a little time to freshen up etc. in between the ceremony and reception anyways. Also, if you have pictures it will take a couple hours as well. So lets says your ceremony is at 2 - pictures will be from 3 - 5 and then dinner/ reception at 6 so I wouldn't worry too much about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users