Photo

Really Need Help Passport Invite Info

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OchieBride

OchieBride
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hi everyone..I need help/suggestions with what info to put in my passport invites. My wedding will be in Jamaica. I have the design set and the first page spread but from there I'm lost. I notice everyone has but info on the country, map, weather, passport details but every single on of my wedding guests are Jamaican expats so this info is useless because they know all of this. Is there anything creative anyone I can suggest to put in?

Thanks!!!!!

#2 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
    • 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

Make sure you include information about the hotel/resort/location of your wedding, and info about how to book it.

#3 OchieBride

OchieBride
      • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Yes, I forgot about that!! I actually did reserve a page for that. I basically have the back page spread and the second last page to fill.

#4 LadyD

LadyD
        • 108 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

I got this from another board:

Resort Information/Booking

Local Activities

What to pack or Wedding Dress Code

Daily group activities

An “about us” or “how we met” page

Travel Agent information

Travel Tips

Ground Transfer Info

Rehearsal Info

Wedding Day Info

Reception Info

Welcome Dinner

Hope this helps

I'm making boarding pass invitations myself. I'm slightly worried how my old skool relatives will take it...but I think they will be great!
          Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#5 OchieBride

OchieBride
          • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

LOL..I hear you Lady D..I had the same concern. Doing Boarding Pass STD's and Passport Invites. I figured if the old skoolers will always find SOMETHING..ANYTHING to talk about so run with it and make myself happy!

And thats for the info..this helps a lot!

#6 OchieBride

OchieBride
            • 109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

Lady D are you using a travel agent?

#7 LadyD

LadyD
              • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

"I figured if the old skoolers will always find SOMETHING..ANYTHING to talk about so run with it and make myself happy!"

how true!!

With regards to the travel agent..some say they will use their own, others say they are going to wait to book, and there are a few that are calling me with travel questions even though I've directed them to the travel agent..can't win

Either way, I've provided the travel agent details on our website and invitations and advise guests to ultilize her if you wish and if you don't, let us know in the rsvp so we can include them in the overall headcount.
                Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#8 Sue

Sue
                • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

From others that I have seen, how about one page about groom, one page about bride and then one page as a couple. Including personal tidbits and baby photos for individual page and then engagment pic for couple's one. I am attempting to do the passport invites for the AHR. Have you found any passort looking paper for the inside? or are you using just solid?

Sue

#9 OchieBride

OchieBride
                  • 109 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Hi Sue,

I found an antique looking map of the caribean to use and a nice palm tree print. I've done two template and just need to decide on the two.

#10 Sue

Sue
                    • 86 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Can I ask where you found the paper?
                      Sue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users