Cake tradition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:56 AM

Hi guys,
    Not sure how to do a search for this, the words I used came up with no results specific to it.
    I was just thinking about the tradition to keep the top tier of your wedding cake and have it on your 1-year anniversary. This isn't really possible with DW is it? Are you not allowed to bring food items back with you through customs? Also, wouldn't it get icky during the flight?
    Anyone do anything else?
    I'm a sappy romantic, so I'm kinda bummed out!!

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

If you are going to have an AHR reception with a cake you can use that one, or even have a small tier made for that event so that you can freeze it. That's what I'm planning on doing anyway!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 saltocoach

saltocoach
      • 235 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:45 AM

By the time of my wedding I'm going to be so tired of my diet that I don't think I can WAIT until my anniversary to eat it. I know that it probably won't last the week !

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by wsarah2107
          Hi guys,
          Not sure how to do a search for this, the words I used came up with no results specific to it.
          I was just thinking about the tradition to keep the top tier of your wedding cake and have it on your 1-year anniversary. This isn't really possible with DW is it? Are you not allowed to bring food items back with you through customs? Also, wouldn't it get icky during the flight?
          Anyone do anything else?
          I'm a sappy romantic, so I'm kinda bummed out!!
          You can bring food (we do it all the time). Have your resort freeze and wrap your top teir, then put it in your checked bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users