Photo

RIU Bachata in Puerto Plata

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessicakay9

jessicakay9
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

Has anyone here gotten married or planning on getting married at the RIU Bachata?!?! We're booked for January 8th 2010 at the cliffside gazebo

#2 shoyum

shoyum
    • 159 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hey! Well I'm getting married at the Riu Mambo which is next door. I love the gazebo on the cliff. The pics look great, but....From reviews that I read it seems very windy up on that hill. So I opted to go for the beach ceremony. I can't wait to get pics done on it though. Its so beautiful!!!

#3 jessicakay9

jessicakay9
      • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

I know- I absolutely loved the cliff, its the main reason I picked the resort!

#4 msemi305

msemi305
        • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hey I am getting married at the riu bachata on March 13 2010 - I to have selected the cliff but am worried it is going to be windy - I can't wait to see your pictures. How is your planning going?

#5 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
          • 199 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

Congrats Jessica - you've picked a great location, and I'll bet you're going to be really pleased. Enjoy!

#6 jessicakay9

jessicakay9
            • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

I'll definately let you know how it is! If it really is too windy I guess we can switch it to the beach but I REALLLy want the cliff so I probably will be stubborn and just deal with it. Planning is going good since we really don't have a whole lot to plan for, the only thing I really have to do is hire a photographer.

#7 mariyaluis

mariyaluis
              • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

So glad to have found some people getting married in Riu's in Puerto Plata...our wedding is set for February 27th 2010 and I am NERVOUS!!!
                My fiance is arranging and taking care of everything since he is over there and knows everyone and everything...but being a bride I am just hoping he does not mess up!!!

How is everyones planning going so far?? Anything I should watch out for or warn him about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users