Photo

Sunday Weddings in DR?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Soon2bMrsC

Soon2bMrsC
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hello ALL you lovely ladies...I am just starting to plan my wedding...and i really want my date to be 10-10-10 ...which lands on a sunday...I've contacted Dreams, Punta Cana, and they said they do not hold any weddings on Sundays...i was wondering if SUNDAY they don't have weddings @ all on Sundays in ALL of Punta Cana...Does anyone know of a resort that holds weddings that day? I really want that date... If anyone knows please send me a msg!! thanks all :) Also, if anyone has any ideas...i am so intersted and confused on the color of the brides maids...
    "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be."url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    http://tickers.Ticke....1293/event.png
    [/url]

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

I don't think they offer Sunday weddings at all in DR. And I believe that most places will charge a fee of $150 for a Saturday wedding on top of the standard wedding fees.

#3 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
      • 657 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I do not know what the Sunday wedding, but I know Palma Real doesn't charge a fee$150 for a Sat. Wedding
        Cory & Jennifer
        March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#4 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
        • 104 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

My wedding at Excellence was on a Sunday...same as any other day except your legal docs (if you choose to do it legally) will have to be taken care of the day before or day after. we did it the night before around 10 pm with the judge after our rehearsal dinner. Never heard of this no weddings on Sundays. We had the minister there and everything.

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Hmmmm....maybe it was just the RIUs!
            Disregard my comment because I obviously am a liar!!

#6 amyanddehn

amyanddehn
            • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

I don't know if you're a liar, Amanda, because I thought the same thing! When I reserved my day/time with Moon Palace I recall there were no Sunday options (like "black out dates"). However, it makes sense that it's for legal purposes, since the Judge wouldn't work Sundays... so if you don't mind going the Symbollic route, maybe Sundays are ok I've probably confused you more, so I'll close with recommending you check with the individual resort you are interested in :) Good Luck! I hope you get your date!!!

#7 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
              • 268 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

Michelle,

Sorry to ask you a million questions. You mentioned you had a minister. Was that person a religous minister? When I asked Ana told me I only had the option of a non-religous ceremony. We don't need it to be legal (we did that here) but we wanted a religous leader to over see our ceremony. Right now we have hired Pastor York because we thought that was our only choice.

Thank you for all of your help!!!

#8 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
                • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

He was a non-denominational minister and he conducted the ceremony while Ana translated.

#9 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
                  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Happy to be of help!! =)

#10 Glamourina

Glamourina
                    • 198 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

I saw a wedding on a sunday at Paradisus Punta Cana, so I know they do them, but not sure if it was symbolic or legal...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users