Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1831 SuzanneDurnin10

• 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hi Marta0331 have you decided on a photographer are you going with the resort or else were?

#1832 aaost7

• 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

I am also having a private function and I want the music to be really nice. Which ballroom is your function? Was it really difficult to get your own dj? There is no way I am paying $1450 either! Have you seen the food options for the private functions?

Originally Posted by SuzanneDurnin10 

Hi I am getting married on October 6th. I am having a private function after our ceremony and music is very important. So I asked my coordinator about getting a DJ. She gave me 2 options 4 hours dj service for around $1450. I was astonished. You can get 6 hours in Dublin for â¬250.

So I point blank told her that I was not paying it and that I can get a DJ www.discomovilcancun.com

for $550 for 5 hours. So after a lot of toing and frowng she told me I could bring them in if I pay the hotel $250usd.

So it still works out a lot cheaper :-)

#1833 SuzanneDurnin10

• 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi aaost7

No it was really easy to book my DJ once I had negotiated with my WC, I just emailed him and he was really quick with his responses. I had to pay $100usd to confirm the date over pay pal. Check out his web site www.discomovilcancun.com.

My reception is in the Laud on the Nizuc side I have decided on a plated dinner. See menu options below. My WC said that if you want an option on the day for you guests you have to pay extra but if I tell her 20days before the wedding what individual dish each person wants that is no extra charge.

Also does any one have pictures of the Laud Ballroom? Or even seen it?

Attached Files

#1834 amh777

• 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

How far in advance do you have to book that DJ company?  Sounds like a good plan!

#1835 SuzanneDurnin10

• 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

I only book him at the start of the week.

#1836 Leigh17

• 339 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

Sorry it took so long, but my review is finally complete.

They've closed the old place where reviews were posted, so my review is posted under Moon Palace in the Resorts & Villas section of this site.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

#1837 asbarret

• 217 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Thank you Leigh!!!!

#1838 MrsC2be

• 33 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

What a detailed and informative review!!! Thanks Leigh, it's brilliant and sooo helpful x

#1839 aaost7

• 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for all the info...I cant open the menu because I am still too new. I never heard of the Laud. The only indoor ballroom I have seen are the Star and the other smaller one.

#1840 coconoir1908

• 2,136 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

You look stunning to say the least!!!  Thank you so very much for sharing this.  Your review was very thorough and has helped me alot.  Fantastic and Beautiful Job. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users