Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyer2010 View Post
Wow... that is a great website! I love the styles!

I think you're doing great on time! This is what I have done/yet to do! So you're still ahead of me!

My dress is being made as we speak (1st fitting on Sat. Sept. 26)
Have my 2 pairs of shoes (white flip flops w/crystals & white wedge sandals with cork bottoms)
Girls dresses are already bought (Jcrew silk chiffon juliet dress in clover)
Reception site for home reception on Feb. 19th is booked
DJ for AHR is booked
Flowers at AHR not ordered yet (still deciding on flower variety)
3pm wedding booked on the beach at Catalonia Riviera Maya on Feb. 10, 2010
Still need to get the groom/groomsmen outfits
STD's getting mailed out Oct. 1st
Passport Invitations going out Nov. 1st/Dec. 1st timeframe

Good Luck!
erica,
you have done lots and the stuff you have,nt done you know what you doing.you will have lots of fun.great logo by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,

let us know how you get on tomorrow with the dress shopping.you may just be able to order one.let us see your invites.it sounds very exciting times for you hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
Oh my the kids clothes arrived days apart. Not sure if I told you this , we're a combined family and have dated 5 years and lived together 3 years this july. Our kids one each, my son nearly 20 and Mark's daughter 15 barely interact with each other. They never ever fight , but also exchange only words like "hey, where's dad and Sue, how long til dinner. Kinda get my drift!!!!! strangers!!!!!
So Mark and I asked them if they would wear simular colour clothing for the wedding because we're both wearing very blah colours. They both agreed and I picked their clothes.
My son's stuff arrived and he stuck it in the closet, Steph's, dress and shoes arrive two days later and she tries her's on. My son and his Gfriend come in at that very moment and Steph says to my son, go get your stuff on and lets see how gay we look." He did and I have to say my heart was beating out of my chest and I got my camera and batteries were dead. Go figure!!
That had to be the most communication they have ever had. Steph said her and her gfriends were teasing him one night he came home blasted last xmas and started eating the decorated dog cookies her and her friends made. I wasn't there to see that, so this was my major moment. I was very touched and emotional to know they both are into us getting married. My emotional meltdown. lol
How goes your planning?
susie,
it made me smile reading that.coming from a spilt family(sorry if thats the wrong word but you know what i mean) i can understand.your wedding will give them something in common so it may help bring them together a little.their age is the worst age though i,m sure you can remember hehe.i suppose for you though it is really important just to know they are ok with you getting married.it sounds like they are though.

i have now got 2 pairs of shoes that i don,t really really like.i will end up with lots when i should have just got the expensive ones i really liked.we just need to go and get rings now really.trying to save we have to pay the wedding of in november.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well ladies another week to tick from our countdown calendars.just wanted to thank you all for joining me you are all keeping my excitement going.

 

there are a few of us now.i have just looked and i don,t think any of us are getting wed on the same day yet.

 

have a good weekend brides to be.cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
susie,
it made me smile reading that.coming from a spilt family(sorry if thats the wrong word but you know what i mean) i can understand.your wedding will give them something in common so it may help bring them together a little.their age is the worst age though i,m sure you can remember hehe.i suppose for you though it is really important just to know they are ok with you getting married.it sounds like they are though.

i have now got 2 pairs of shoes that i don,t really really like.i will end up with lots when i should have just got the expensive ones i really liked.we just need to go and get rings now really.trying to save we have to pay the wedding of in november.
I hear you, DW can be very expensive.. We have to pay for our trip by Oct.31... Scarey hey!!!! I am trying really hard not to go over board with things. I have made my own centre pieces (only 5). I refuse to have fake flowers (although some I have seen are very stunning). I don't have bridesmaids and groomsmen... just the two of us in the wedding party and about 16 guest. I really want it to be special with re-mortaging the house to do it. Keep me posted!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
I hear you, DW can be very expensive.. We have to pay for our trip by Oct.31... Scarey hey!!!! I am trying really hard not to go over board with things. I have made my own centre pieces (only 5). I refuse to have fake flowers (although some I have seen are very stunning). I don't have bridesmaids and groomsmen... just the two of us in the wedding party and about 16 guest. I really want it to be special with re-mortaging the house to do it. Keep me posted!!!
tell me about it you can go on and on.at first i wanted all sorts of things and after talking to fi and best friend they have made me think well yeh its going to be an amazing holiday anyway with a fabulous day that we will never forget what ever extras you add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
erica,
you have done lots and the stuff you have,nt done you know what you doing.you will have lots of fun.great logo by the way
Well, the difficult part is we live in China. So, yes I get good deals on things but it's definitely hard to plan a wedding from China. I am having my wedding dress made here and instead of the $350 I would pay in the U.S., I'm only paying $70. I just hope it turns out, I go for my first fitting today! Wish me luck!

Good Luck to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it sounds great.do you mind me asking how you ended up in china?im sure your dress will be totally fine. let us know how you get on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
it sounds great.do you mind me asking how you ended up in china?im sure your dress will be totally fine. let us know how you get on
Well, we've been in Shanghai, China for one year now! Our company asked us to move here and help start up operations here. It's been a great experience!

I had my 1st dress fitting today! Everything went great. The dress was almost exact as the U.S. one! The only thing I had to have done was have the bottom taken up about 1/4". It was too long! I wish I could post some pictures but I don't have enough posts yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyer2010 View Post
Well, we've been in Shanghai, China for one year now! Our company asked us to move here and help start up operations here. It's been a great experience!

I had my 1st dress fitting today! Everything went great. The dress was almost exact as the U.S. one! The only thing I had to have done was have the bottom taken up about 1/4". It was too long! I wish I could post some pictures but I don't have enough posts yet!
sounds fantastic.dou you know how long you are out there for?

we will wait for pics of your dress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×