5 replies to this topic

#1 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
  • 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:44 AM

So I went yesterday for my final makeup "trial" ~ I'm doing my make up myself, and I using Mary Kay because I know their products, and it's what I use on a daily basis. This was probably the 3rd time I've met with my consultant about colors and things, just to be sure I was getting it right.

I've got my eyes how I want them, got the checks, the lipstick I'm still undecided, but I think I'll just go with what I feel like on the day - makeup really isn't that important to me. To me it all looks the same.

Anyway - I come home, and I asked Jay what he thought of my picks - and he told me that I looked like a GRANDMA! I couldn't believe it. Now granted, the lipstick yesterday did suck, but to tell me I looked like a Grandma, I couldn't believe it.... I asked him what he wanted, and he couldn't really tell me. I think he expects me to use the really dark colors ~almost like what you would wear to go out clubbing or something. I tried to explain that it needs to be a little natural buy smokey looking, and he just rolls his eyes.

Now I have no idea what to do. I'm so irritated right now. I guess I've still got 3 days to figure it out.
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#2 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hi Raenjay,

I wouldn't worry about it. It is EXACTLY the same thing with my fiance. I don't really think men (at least most I know) really know much about what they are talking about when it comes to make-up or style. I say go with what you feel most comfortable in because you will wear it. I look at your picture now and I think you are a natural beauty. Try the smokey eye like and see if you are comfortable in it-- if you like it. Go with your gut instinct and you know what looks good on you right? I know you will be beautiful on your wedding day and everything will be perfect!

Jessica

#3 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
    • 550 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
    • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
    • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Jessica! I think when he sees it all together, he'll love it. I just wasn't prepared to hear "grandma" come out of his mouth.
    Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
    June 23, 2007
    Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
    Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#4 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
    • 714 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

My fiance once said to me that "my clothes look like I was going to church"! And I was looking at clothes for clubbing! MEN!!! You will look beautiful! I am so excited for you! Just don't stress ok! :-)

#5 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:30 AM

Stephanie, don't worry about it, once you put the whole thing together you will look amazing...Will tells me weird things like that too and I get irritated and realize men don't know what they are talking about.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

stephanie, I'm sure you didn't look like a grandma!! Men! what is wrong with them! You're going to look stunning and jason won't be saying you look like a grandma when he sees his beautiful bride coming down the aisle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users