I was wondering the same thing.
We are expecting 40 people. We are trying to weigh the costs of a la carte vs. the love package +20 extra guests.
We've asked for quotes from evangelina but she tends to answer a few questions here and there. i've tried doing the math myself, but it's tough because you can never tell if there are fees added, upgrade prices, etc. it's frustrating but I know she is busy and it will all work out in the end.
But, in the meantime, is anyone else expecting that many people and weighing the pricing?
Originally Posted by TiffanyRobert
I'm a newbie, and this is my first post! Holy cow, you girls have your stuff together! I'm impressed! We will be married on May 17, 2012. We are working with Dennis from DestinationWeddings.com and Yamina is our wedding coordinator (which was changed from Evangelina, and Ana before that).
We qualify for the complimentary package and have been debating whether we should upgrade to the ultimate. The "extra" things the Ultimate package includes are below. Has anyone else had this dilemma? I just wonder if it will be cheaper to pay for everything a la carte. How in the world are you girls able to coordinate everything and make your guests aware? I've seen cute wedding brochures that go in the Welcome bags - but I don't have a clue on timing or locations...I'm just worried it will be a cluster %$!@ - HELP! We're not expecting more than 20 guests or so, so it we hope it will be very intimate and casual.
· Personal Dressing Assistant (donâ€™t need)
· Special Gold Wedding Dinner party (for 20 guests staying at the hotel) (i'm a picky eater, and couldn't find anything on the gold menu that i liked, waiting to hear from Yamina about the silver and platinum menu)
· 1 Natural Floral Centerpiece for Bride & Groom dinner table (floral centerpieces start at $70)
· 1 Natural floral center piece for ceremonial table(floral centerpieces start at $70)
· Wedding cake and sparkling wine for 20 guests (10 guests included in complimentary)
· One hour Gold cocktail party with Hors D`Oeuvres (for 20 guests staying at the hotel) (again, couldn't find anything i liked)
· Bride's hairstyling for ceremony (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)
· Make-up application for bride (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)
· 50 Full color photos with album (regardless of the package, we would want to upgrade, which for us would tack on an additional $999 to the price of the ultimate package)
· Waterford Yours Truly Champagne Flute Pair (donâ€™t need)
· Gazebo d©cor based on chairs with white covers, ceremonial table & carpeted walk way. (colored chair covers $6 a piece--any idea how much white ones are?)
· Live Mexican music trio ( 1 set) (donâ€™t need, would actually prefer the DJ but we're considering renting sound equipment and creating an iPod playlist)
· Video of the ceremony (30 min DVD edited) (may try to have one of our guests tape it)
· 1 Spa treatment to choose from : 1 Swedish massage for two or 1 European facial for two or 1 Salt Glow Body Scrub for two (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)