Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#7401 jkhowell

jkhowell
  • Newbie
  • 121 posts

    Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

    cbandemer- you are so right about ignoring everyones comments and opinions. I am a little over 2 months away from my wedding and if I hear my inlaws talk about "the safety" of mexico one more time I swear.....UGH!

     

    Anyway, I was wondering what eveyone is going to do about a "card box"?? I really dont know how many people will bring cards down and I'm not sure if I wanna lug a big box down, so I'm wondering what everyone else was thinking??

     

    Thanks


    Bud and Jackie
    Dreams Riviera Cancun
    2-24-12

    #7402 ashleytart

    ashleytart
    • Site Supporter
    • 36 posts

      Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

      Has anyone has their reception at Seaside Grill?  We are having 30 people at our reception and I am concerned that the pool deck is going to be too big... thoughts?

       

      Ashley



      #7403 juliej84

      juliej84
      • Newbie
      • 57 posts

        Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

        With the ultimate package, it says it comes with video of the ceremony--30 minutes. Can anyone tell me more about this? Is it worth purchasing the ultimate package for this? And on the fdreams website it says the videographer for the resort is grupo, jmc--anyone used them??



        #7404 Soon2bMrsLozada

        Soon2bMrsLozada
        • Newbie
        • 36 posts

          Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

          Hello! I haven't posted in a while but I am less than 6 months away and I have to start making some selections. Are you ladies having a hair trial?? Also, any recommendations for appetizers, cake, and dinner selections??

          #7405 mrskatieperry

          mrskatieperry
          • Newbie
          • 55 posts

            Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

            JulieJ---I am having the same battle!  I can't decide which package to go with.  I had thought originally when I picked the Ultimate package that it uncluded the $999 photo package.  I don't know why I thought that because now I can't find anything that says it does.  Now, since I'm sure I'm going to have to pay the $999 for the photographer, I'm thinking I might as well do the middle package.  My only concern now is the sound system---I was hoping to trade in the 1 hour of mexican trio for the sound system (I had just thought of it--not sure if they would even let me).  Otherwise the sound system is going to be expensive....thoughts?  Are you using a sound system?  Also, how many people do you have?  Are you trading in the cocktail hour, or just paying for extra people?

             

            Anyone else trading things out for other stuff?  Are a lot of you paying to "extras"??  I'm trying not to if at all possible--especially if there are things that I think I won't need in the package already.

             

             



            #7406 juliej84

            juliej84
            • Newbie
            • 57 posts

              Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:05 AM


              Hi there! I have been going back and forth in my heads of which package, but I believe the ultimate is the better package for me. It includes the 50 photos and a 30 minute video. I am just going to add on to the photo package. I am still looking into the video though, wondering if the 30 minute video they offer with the ultimate package is any good? I have heard of people trading different things in their package for others, but only the cocktail for some extra people at the dinner/ reception--thats all I have seen so far on this thread. I would try to e-mail the wedding coordinator about that one! I am still in the process of deciding whether to do the sound technician or the dj?? Not sure!!! I am planning to have abour 25-30 people showing up, what about you? I more than likely will trade in the something if I can for extra people. I was hoping to trade the live mexican trio for some extra people (if the extra people show). Do you plan to marry on the beach or in the gazebo??

              Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

              JulieJ---I am having the same battle!  I can't decide which package to go with.  I had thought originally when I picked the Ultimate package that it uncluded the $999 photo package.  I don't know why I thought that because now I can't find anything that says it does.  Now, since I'm sure I'm going to have to pay the $999 for the photographer, I'm thinking I might as well do the middle package.  My only concern now is the sound system---I was hoping to trade in the 1 hour of mexican trio for the sound system (I had just thought of it--not sure if they would even let me).  Otherwise the sound system is going to be expensive....thoughts?  Are you using a sound system?  Also, how many people do you have?  Are you trading in the cocktail hour, or just paying for extra people?

               

              Anyone else trading things out for other stuff?  Are a lot of you paying to "extras"??  I'm trying not to if at all possible--especially if there are things that I think I won't need in the package already.

               

               



               



              #7407 juliej84

              juliej84
              • Newbie
              • 57 posts

                Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:19 AM


                Wanted to let you know I just received an e-mail from Evangelina and I was told that they do not want us bringing in any outside photographers. If it is someone staying at the resort already, they don't mind. I am not that upset about it because I was going to use their photographer anyways! I am sure you could talk to them more about it though.

                Originally Posted by LindseyM 

                We're in the process of deciding this too. We want Cancun wedding video but not sure if they will allow it. Resorts videographer is www.videowedd.com. I am not a fan based on what I see. We like the cinematography style.
                 



                 

                 



                 



                #7408 mrskatieperry

                mrskatieperry
                • Newbie
                • 55 posts

                  Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:15 AM


                  Hi Julie,  I'm getting married on the beach.  I have been reading a few pages of this forum each day trying to get as much information from past brides as I can.  I have read that they won't let you trade the mexican trio:(  I really wanted to trade it for the sound equipment.  I don't think I'm going to use a DJ...I guess I'm not 100% sure yet, but it's just soooo expensive and I think my family and friends won't need too much help getting the party started;)  I think I'm going tohave between 25-35.  FI and I talked last night and we think we really want the photo package that covers before the wedding all the way into the reception.  The photos in both the packages only cover the ceremony and maybe a little after--I think we will really want the reception photographed, so I think we will go with the middle one and just add the $999 photo package on to it....and probably the sound equipment/tech as well.  I'm thinking of just having a good friend of mine who's great at coordinating parties and stuff get everyone over to one of the bars for "cocktail hour" and just have his tip the bartender well so they take good care of our party between the ceremony and reception.  Then I'll use whatever they will give me for the cocktail hour towards extra dinners.  That's my plan...we'll see if they go for it;)  I have a meeting over the phone with Evangelina today.  Anything you want me to ask while I'm talking to her?
                   

                  Originally Posted by juliej84 


                  Hi there! I have been going back and forth in my heads of which package, but I believe the ultimate is the better package for me. It includes the 50 photos and a 30 minute video. I am just going to add on to the photo package. I am still looking into the video though, wondering if the 30 minute video they offer with the ultimate package is any good? I have heard of people trading different things in their package for others, but only the cocktail for some extra people at the dinner/ reception--thats all I have seen so far on this thread. I would try to e-mail the wedding coordinator about that one! I am still in the process of deciding whether to do the sound technician or the dj?? Not sure!!! I am planning to have abour 25-30 people showing up, what about you? I more than likely will trade in the something if I can for extra people. I was hoping to trade the live mexican trio for some extra people (if the extra people show). Do you plan to marry on the beach or in the gazebo??



                   



                   



                  #7409 juliej84

                  juliej84
                  • Newbie
                  • 57 posts

                    Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

                    OH wow, how did you set up a phone call? I should do that. I definitely have been wondering how long receptions last, because if I am going to use the dj I want to know for how long I will need him for. Also, since we are both getting married on the beach--do we get the white carpeted walkway, and white chair covers? I am going with the ultimate and wasn't sure if that is included for the beach! Thanks so much!!! Let me know how your phone call goes, maybe you can answer some of my questions :)



                    #7410 juliej84

                    juliej84
                    • Newbie
                    • 57 posts

                      Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

                      OH wow, how did you set up a phone call? I should do that. I definitely have been wondering how long receptions last, because if I am going to use the dj I want to know for how long I will need him for. Also, since we are both getting married on the beach--do we get the white carpeted walkway, and white chair covers? I am going with the ultimate and wasn't sure if that is included for the beach! Thanks so much!!! Let me know how your phone call goes, maybe you can answer some of my questions :)
                       

                      Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 


                      Hi Julie,  I'm getting married on the beach.  I have been reading a few pages of this forum each day trying to get as much information from past brides as I can.  I have read that they won't let you trade the mexican trio:(  I really wanted to trade it for the sound equipment.  I don't think I'm going to use a DJ...I guess I'm not 100% sure yet, but it's just soooo expensive and I think my family and friends won't need too much help getting the party started;)  I think I'm going tohave between 25-35.  FI and I talked last night and we think we really want the photo package that covers before the wedding all the way into the reception.  The photos in both the packages only cover the ceremony and maybe a little after--I think we will really want the reception photographed, so I think we will go with the middle one and just add the $999 photo package on to it....and probably the sound equipment/tech as well.  I'm thinking of just having a good friend of mine who's great at coordinating parties and stuff get everyone over to one of the bars for "cocktail hour" and just have his tip the bartender well so they take good care of our party between the ceremony and reception.  Then I'll use whatever they will give me for the cocktail hour towards extra dinners.  That's my plan...we'll see if they go for it;)  I have a meeting over the phone with Evangelina today.  Anything you want me to ask while I'm talking to her?
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users