Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#4611 muitoquerida

muitoquerida
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hi T1219, thats actually not my wedding - thata picture i found on the internet so I asked Claudia for a quote and shes said that package is $480 (Gazebo Decor - Drapery & 2 Flower Corsages).

#4612 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
    • 96 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

BethAnne:

You can also have a semi private event, at which they will charge you per person.  But you will be guaranteed seating together, and will choose from a set menu.  I've been quoted two different prices on this:  $12 p/p + 15% + 11%  and $15 p/p + 15% + 11%.

I've also been told that if you have a larger group, your best bet, although maybe not the best food/atmosphere wise, is the World Cafe.

You might want to check into the wine cellar room too, for a little something special.  I don't have the details on it, but I know some of the other gals on here do.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by BethAnne 

Well congrats and thanks for your review.. its nice to finally hear from a bride whos doing it a little more low key like myself.

I have a maid of honor and 7 guests. We of course didn't see the need to pay for a private reception ,but I was wondering did you and your group just choose and restaraunt and go to it to eat after your ceremony?

The WC are telling me they cant make a reservation for a small group or anything unless you're having the private reception. I just sort of wanted that security that we know where were going to have dinner at and that we didn't have to wait if it was full- sort of stressing over that.But you said they had rose petals on the table and stuff for you? You didn't pay extra for that correct?

But if they refuse to make a reservation for (wow, only 7 people!) then i guess we should just arrive early so we don't have to wait and hope to get seated together?

Any input would help!

Thanks

#4613 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
      • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

The upgrade they first gave us was a garden view on one side of the building to a garden view on the other side, and they said that was an upgrade.  My fiance really worked to smooze the staff and we ended up with a fab ocean front room with a jacuzzi on the deck.  It was a huge room with several upgrades.  So, ASK ASK ASK!

#4614 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
        • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

The wedding coordinator (Maria) got us a reservation for 8 ppl at the Bourdoix and she put rose petals on the table and they served us our wedding cake after dinner.  It is no problem, I don't understand why your coordinator is saying she can't do that for you!  THere was no extra charge because we ate off the menu.

#4615 1106wedding

1106wedding
          • 317 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

Love the idea of tipping the Restaurant Manager to make it happen! I'm writing that one down :)

Thanks for all the tips!

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#4616 aj42781

aj42781
            • 79 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

hey im getting married march 11th!

#4617 muitoquerida

muitoquerida
              • 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

How long do you guys think the reception should be? xooox

#4618 BethAnne

BethAnne
                • 84 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

See-- this makes me furious to keep reading this stuff!!

I asked in the beginning (way long ago) for the wine cellar because my group is so small so we could all sit together in a nice romantic area and just eat off the menu, and i was told the bride and groom MUST purchase upgraded wine to use the cellar. 60$ worth of upgraded wine to be exact for every couple there, so times that by 4 and you're up to like almost 300$ in wine! did they make you do this??

Originally Posted by mindylcarter 

The wedding coordinator (Maria) got us a reservation for 8 ppl at the Bourdoix and she put rose petals on the table and they served us our wedding cake after dinner.  It is no problem, I don't understand why your coordinator is saying she can't do that for you!  THere was no extra charge because we ate off the menu.

#4619 lsd203

lsd203
                  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Since you didn't have the cocktail hour, did you take pictures before the ceremony?  If not, what did your guests do while you took pics?

#4620 lorijfletcher

lorijfletcher
                    • 134 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

For anyone who has been to the resort, or did this, I want to coordinate a "welcome" cocktail party.  I don't want to pay for an organized party, I am just going to tell everyone to meet at a certain place at a certain time. My dilemma is that I don't know which bar to choose?  Any suggestions?  There will be 37 of us and we will likely want to say a few things and give out some gifts but we certainly don't need anything totally private.  Do any of the lounges have a sort of separate area?  Kind of off to the side...or is maybe set up in a way that if we are all there together and we want to say something to our group or give out gifts, we won't be intruding on the other hotel guests? Maybe it would FEEL private??  I know, I'm probably crazy!  I am just trying to work on my welcome letter and I wanted to include an invitation to this welcome party.  I was hoping to get it figured out before I get there!

Thanks ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users