Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#431 mmontgo

mmontgo
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hi everyone! Its been such a long time since I was on the forum. School has kept me very busy lately. I wanted to take a minute to break away from my hectic lif to share with everyone some photos Ana sent me of the deck and the pool area for the reception.

Has anyone decided what location to have their ceremony at?

There is another wedding on the same date as mine so I originally nervous I wouldnt get the deck (thats what I wanted all along) and now I'm nervous that if the other bride chooses the pool area her party will be right next to mine. Ana has assured me that everything will be perfect but I worry too much.

Any way hope everyone enjoys the pics.

#432 Laura22610

Laura22610
    • 468 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mmontgo
      Hi everyone! Its been such a long time since I was on the forum. School has kept me very busy lately. I wanted to take a minute to break away from my hectic lif to share with everyone some photos Ana sent me of the deck and the pool area for the reception.

There is another wedding on the same date as mine so I originally nervous I wouldnt get the deck (thats what I wanted all along) and now I'm nervous that if the other bride chooses the pool area her party will be right next to mine. Ana has assured me that everything will be perfect but I worry too much.

I would love to see pics! I haven't decided where to have my reception yet. I wanted to see pics before I chose and last time I asked Ana she didn't have any. The pics didn't come up in your post though...

#433 chirorach

chirorach
      • 200 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Quote:

would love to see the pictures as well!!!! welcome back :-)

#434 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
        • 393 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

Quote:

Did you decide on the deck? That's what I decided on, though I haven't seen it yet. I was told that I can change my mind. There isn't a wedding at the same time is yours is there? I thought there was only room for one in the morning and one at sunset.

#435 cmariec

cmariec
          • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:40 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by RCBlondie
            has everyone (or anyone) decided on their bridesmaid dress colour? Now that I see the flower options I am not sure what colour I should be thinking...any suggestions?
            I chose a strange color...Orange! It looked best on my girls...it's an orange organza overlay over hot pink, like a gerber daisy! I've seen photos of wedding parties at the beach & bright colors look great, contrasting with the blues of the ocean & sky. Good luck in choosing a color - i'm sure it'll look great, whatever you choose!

#436 cmariec

cmariec
            • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
              I also am not a fan of the wedding gazebo or the location of it. I talked to Ana about it and she said we have the option of having the wedding on the beach. They will set up a canopy with white clothes hanging, white garden chairs, and table with white cover. I am planning on having everything on the beach; ceremony, dinner, and dancing. I am not sure what everyone else is planning.
              I'm also not a big fan of the wedding spaceship gazebo...like you, I want to have all the activities right on the beach. I tried asking Ana about when the reception starts, etc. She said that it lasts 3 hours & it's $15 + tax/guest for each extra hour you want to extend the reception. Does anyone know what time the reception starts? I don't wanna stop the dancing & party at 9pm!

#437 mmontgo

mmontgo
              • 191 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                Did you decide on the deck? That's what I decided on, though I haven't seen it yet. I was told that I can change my mind. There isn't a wedding at the same time is yours is there? I thought there was only room for one in the morning and one at sunset.
                The wedding isnt the same time but the reception is the same time. My wedding is at sunset.

#438 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                • 631 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
                  I also am not a fan of the wedding gazebo or the location of it. I talked to Ana about it and she said we have the option of having the wedding on the beach. They will set up a canopy with white clothes hanging, white garden chairs, and table with white cover. I am planning on having everything on the beach; ceremony, dinner, and dancing. I am not sure what everyone else is planning.
                  There is a link somewhere back a few pages on this thread from the first wedding that took place at Dreams Riviera Cancun. It was a ceremony on the beach, so just work your way backwards if you want to see. It was really beautiful and made me feel better about possibly wanting this resort as my wedding venue. Still can't decide though!
                  Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
                  At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
                  25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#439 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                  • 631 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Decided to just repost that link for everyone. Figured it would be useful to those that missed it way back when.

Dreams Riviera
                    Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
                    At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
                    25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#440 carinagirl

carinagirl
                    • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

CMarieC - my colors too are pink and orange! My invitations were even that color. Can you show me what dresses you are doing for your BM's? I think I decided on a pink dress, but would love to know what you are doing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users