Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#11211 elsa s

elsa s
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ashley822 

We paid $1146.00 extra for the Seaside Grill. They quoted us this before we even gave a total number of guests so I'm still not completely sure where this came from haha. My understanding was to close a restaurant is it the $35/pp + the 15% auto grat/pp + 11% fee/pp. Then I thought there was maybe a minimum number of people they charged for (such as 30 guests) but I am really not sure where the number came from. It ALMOST worked out for our 25 guest number but since we had our hearts set on that location after seeing pictures and not being thrilled with the other options, we didn't have too many other extras so we just said fine and agreed to book it :) 

They never told me about any additional charge for seaside grill... they did give me a rate to shut down el patio and this other restaurant but seaside grill was no extra charge... hopefully they dont change that on us! i think its because seaside grill closes at 6pm ? 

#11212 loripanori

loripanori
    • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Holy cow, we leave first thing Sunday morning!   I can't believe how time has flown by.  We still don't have a menu figured out - the chef emailed us once but hasn't gotten back to us since about any of our requests.  I'm hoping we can sort that out when we get there, otherwise we will probably switch to the buffet (which I would be happy with, but my fiance seems quite set on having a seated/plated dinner).  We're also still trying to decide whether to add an extra hour to our reception.  The cost of this is $15 per person (+ tax and service), plus the cost of the DJ for an hour, is that right?  We have a smallish group (24 adults, 6 children), and I just don't know if everyone's going to be up dancing!  If they are, then I would want to extend it, but if everyone is just kinda mingling around and not dancing a lot, then I wouldn't want to pay extra to extend that by an hour.  So hard to know.  

#11213 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
      • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

So I emailed Caesar Mauricio to set him up for the dj for my wedding. He was booked so put me in contact with someone else recommended by the resort. His name is Jorge chagoya. He has been great and very responsive. Wondering if anyone has used him for the dj services and if they have any feedback? Thanks Nikki

#11214 loripanori

loripanori
        • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hi Nikki,  We're getting married this Thursday and have Jorge as our DJ.  We were late adding on the DJ, I'm not sure if that's why we were assigned Jorge instead of Mauricio, but I'll let you know how it goes!

#11215 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
          • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hi Nikki,  We're getting married this Thursday and have Jorge as our DJ.  We were late adding on the DJ, I'm not sure if that's why we were assigned Jorge instead of Mauricio, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Great thanks! Keep us posted I'm sure everything is going to be beautiful!

#11216 cmi1205

cmi1205
            • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sorry for taking so long to post some pics but I am a teacher and have been super busy! I was disappointed with my slideshows that did not include all of my pics. But I will make sure to post pics from our reception and TTD-which we loved!!

#11217 cmi1205

cmi1205
              • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

TTD

#11218 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
                • 271 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by bgarcia1026 

Thanks for the advice!  I asked Yamina if I can have more than one option for the dinner and she gave me the go ahead.  I am thinking that three options would probably be best, especially if they have people's entree choices before hand.  I rather it cost extra, then having a few people not being able to eat.

My FI and are still debating between the gold and the platinum, although the platinum menu does have some of the same choices as the gold.

Hi Bianca,

Can you please send me the platinum menus? I only received the Silver and Gold.

#11219 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
                  • 271 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by cmi1205 

TTD

Beautiful pics!!! You look gorgeous and both of you look sooo happy. I'm am glad you enjoyed yourself. Did you choose the ballroom or did it rain so you had to move?

#11220 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
                    • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi Bianca, Can you please send me the platinum menus? I only received the Silver and Gold.

Hi, Can you please send me the platinum menu. I only received silver and gold. My email is d82nikki@aol.com Thanks Nikki

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)