Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#10481 Savs1027

Savs1027
  • Site Supporter
  • 458 posts

    Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

    Originally Posted by Rach0636 

    Holy Moly! :) Are you using the lanterns as your centerpieces or just for extra light? Where did you get them? Do they take us a ton of room?

     

    I thought that the hotel provided a sand ceremony set for us. Maybe im wrong. Are we supposed to bring our own cake cutter set and toasting flutes?


    We're using the lanterns as part of our centerpiece. They are very small. We're putting the flowers from the resort in the center and then 3 lanterns around it. I mainly wanted extra light and I thoguth that would help. They were only $3 a piece. I got them from a place here called Hobby Lobby... not sure if that's everywhere. They don't take up much room at all. I had to order them in bulk from there and they came in boxes of 8. I have a box in my carry on and my mom has 1 in her carry on. Then a few extras wrapped in bubble wrap in our regular suitcase.

     

    I heard that the resort provides a sand ceremony set, but I had already bought ours. Again, from hobby lobby. I also wanted sand to match our colors so I have that too.

    I ordered a cake cutting set to match our colors and our cake topper and our toasting flutes were gifted to us as an engagement present so that's why I'm bringing those on my own. I'm sure they provide that stuff if you don't have it.



    #10482 Savs1027

    Savs1027
    • Site Supporter
    • 458 posts

      Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

      Originally Posted by yacki62 


      They never stopped us or his parents whom were carrying our stuff. I would just have your receipts and honestly you will be fine. It's going to be amazing!!!


      Thanks!!! :)



      #10483 Savs1027

      Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

        Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

        Originally Posted by Rach0636 

        Savs, are you getting a dance floor?


        Yes, we're getting the light up dance floor. I originally wasn't going to because the deck I thought would be good enough. Then I saw all the pictures with it and I think it made for some awesome pictures!! So, we decided to splurge on it :) I also thought it would give alot of extra light!



        #10484 Rach0636

        Rach0636
        • Newbie
        • 119 posts

          Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

          Originally Posted by Savs1027 


          Yes, we're getting the light up dance floor. I originally wasn't going to because the deck I thought would be good enough. Then I saw all the pictures with it and I think it made for some awesome pictures!! So, we decided to splurge on it :) I also thought it would give alot of extra light!

          I agree, im trying to decide whether or not its worth it or not... how much extra are you paying for it?



          #10485 Rach0636

          Rach0636
          • Newbie
          • 119 posts

            Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

            Anyone else have an opinion on adding the dance floor?



            #10486 Savs1027

            Savs1027
            • Site Supporter
            • 458 posts

              Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

              Originally Posted by Rach0636 

              I agree, im trying to decide whether or not its worth it or not... how much extra are you paying for it?


              It's $643.80 after Tax.($580 before)



              #10487 Rach0636

              Rach0636
              • Newbie
              • 119 posts

                Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

                Originally Posted by Savs1027 


                It's $643.80 after Tax.($580 before)

                Thanks Savs! You really have been so helpful! I can't wait to see your pictures and reviews :)



                #10488 Savs1027

                Savs1027
                • Site Supporter
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

                  Originally Posted by Rach0636 

                  Thanks Savs! You really have been so helpful! I can't wait to see your pictures and reviews :)


                  No problem!! I feel like I FINALLY have everything together!! I guess that's good since we leave Thursday! haha!!

                  I still haven't heard from the DJ, but I'm just going to try to relax and not worry about it. If I have to work with someone else when I get there, that's what I have to do!!! 

                   

                  I'll try to post when I'm there just to let everyone know about the check in, etc just to ease some minds! And of course post a review when we return!



                  #10489 Rach0636

                  Rach0636
                  • Newbie
                  • 119 posts

                    Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

                    Originally Posted by Savs1027 


                    No problem!! I feel like I FINALLY have everything together!! I guess that's good since we leave Thursday! haha!!

                    I still haven't heard from the DJ, but I'm just going to try to relax and not worry about it. If I have to work with someone else when I get there, that's what I have to do!!! 

                     

                    I'll try to post when I'm there just to let everyone know about the check in, etc just to ease some minds! And of course post a review when we return!

                    yay! that must be a good feeling! Yes I will be waiting for the review :) Have a fabulous time!

                     

                    Yeah i got the feeling from everyone else's reviews about the DJ that you probably dont have anything to worry about whatsoever.



                    #10490 StephieBee

                    StephieBee
                    • Newbie
                    • 2 posts

                      Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

                      Hey ladies, Was just reading your threads and just wanted to comment as I am still at Dreams and just nearing the end of our wedding trip. Do not stress about anything... Trust me, I did and there was no reason to. Customs was no problem. When you get here you'll meet with Gina and realize you could've done all your planning in a matter of hours. I brought some stuff told her what I wanted and it was taken care of. I also had not heard from the dj nor did he even know any of my music. We met with him here on the same day as Gina and everything was smooth. You should know he has everything you want for music and what he doesn't, he can either download or take from your iPod. We were on the wood pool deck, we had the lights under the tables and the paper lanterns. We did not have the light up dance floor and glad we didn't as it was costly (in my opinion) took away from the ambiance and the lighting we had was more than sufficient. If you have any questions fire away. Steph




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users