Salsa Dance Lessons Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hsims1

• 356 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

So my Fiancee and I met Salsa dancing, and we plan to have our first song be a salsa number. I also thought wouldnt' it be neat if we had salsa lessons. We happen to have quite a few guests attending that can dance Salsa and are instructors. I am just trying to get the timing down on all of this. If we have dance lessons, when is the best time to do it? Originally I was thinking that we could do the lessons during the cocktail hour. (or between the cocktail hour and the reception, that would give us more time for pictures, and then I am changing into a seperate reception dress

I was hoping to hear your thoughts. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

How fun! I wish my husband could dance. You are so lucky.
      We had ours about an hour and a half after dinner and the first dance. It reenergized the party.

#3 hsims1

• 356 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hmm. Very good idea. I never thought about having it after dinners. And with our first dance being a salsa dance, that is a great idea. Thanks. :-)

#4 DiamondGirl

• 710 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:40 AM

I say GO for it!! I'm thinking of doing the same thing after we dance our first song. Then surprise the guest with a hot salsa number. Thing is i'm not great salsa. I just know the basics. I'm Thinking of taking lessons with the FI. FI is really not up to it but I told him it would be a lot of fun and a stress reliever after all the planning. Lucky for you guys, who already know how to dance.

#5 Kimmysals

• 240 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

What a great idea! I think right after dinner is a good time. But if cocktail hour works better, maybe you have to choose that time.

#6 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

First of all - AWESOME way to meet and what a great idea to have lessons at the wedding!

I think if you guys will be doing pictures and you will be changing between cocktail and reception, that would be a great time to do lessons. Just make sure to put a time limit on them so people don't get frustrated/bored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users