Photo

Father-Daughter Song- Need Opinions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:12 AM

i love this idea!! I think its perfectly ok to do it bc it reminds you of him. Picking some random song about a dan/daughter wouldn't be as meaningful for you and you may then always wish you would have done Hotel California with him. If you're worried about ppl thinking its weird or anything, maybe do a toast/speech beforehand and explain it--it may even bring a tear to Dad's eye!! :)

#12 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

I was at a wedding a few years ago, (actually it was more like 15 years ago) and the dad picked the song he danced with his daughter. She had no idea what the song would be and it was Meatloaf Paradise by the dashboard lights. He choose this because it was the happiest time in his life when he would watch her singing this song hundreds of time over and over into her hair brush, spoons, anything she could get her hands on.... Lets just say there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

#13 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
      • 547 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

I say go for it!!!!
        *~*JENN*~*

#14 alkoch

alkoch
        • 515 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

I think it is a great idea, if you are having a dj or an emcee you could have them announce that you are now doing the father/daughter dance and why you choose the song, so you could be dancing while he is speaking. I went to a wedding where they had pre-recorded themselves (the bride and groom talking about the song-for their 1st dance, father/daughter, mother/son and the story behind it) and it played softly during the beginning of the song and it was so nice, it really added a personal touch.

Good luck!

#15 OCMDBride05152010

OCMDBride05152010
          • 93 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

I like that its not the same old same. Its a song your guests will enjoy and probably sing along too (hopefully not too loud ). I think its a great choice!

#16 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
            • 429 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Do whatever song makes you happy! It's your day and it's your choice! Go for it Girl!

I'm really emotional and I want to pick a song I won't bawl my eyes out to. I'm thinking "My Girl" by The Temptations. Upbeat, not too fast but a really cool song.

What do you think?

#17 KristieF

KristieF
              • 64 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Meyer2010
                I'm really emotional and I want to pick a song I won't bawl my eyes out to. I'm thinking "My Girl" by The Temptations. Upbeat, not too fast but a really cool song.

What do you think?
                I'm thinking of using this same song for exactly the same reasons. Plus I like it :)

#18 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
                • 429 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KristieF
                  I'm thinking of using this same song for exactly the same reasons. Plus I like it :)
                  Yes!! I was talking to one of my friends tonight and I told her about the song I picked, and she was so excited because she had picked the same song 10 years ago and they got rave reviews!!

Thumbs up to you Kristie!!!

#19 amqueens

amqueens
                  • 452 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

Go 4 it!! It's ur day!!
                    - Anne-Marie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users