Thank you card recommendations?...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Does anyone have any good websites/vendors for Thank You Cards? They can be sort of expensive from what I see. Also, isn't it customary to get thank you cards now? So when gifts start coming in, you write the thank you 's then so you don't have to wait and do all at once?
    Also, do you send them out right when you write it, or do you wait until after the wedding in that case?

Thanks girls!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#2 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
    • 307 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

I went the DIY route and found some Wilton thank you cards at WalMart for $4.50 for a pack of 100. It was a steal! I see a lot of girls use vistaprint.com but I don't know how they are for thank yous- they are great for Save The Dates though!

#3 frazali

• 245 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

We did custom photo thank you cards through Shutterfly.

Click the image to open in full size.

On the inside of the card it says, "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts". You can't see it so well on here, but the middle photo has us holding up "Thank You" signs - the same ones as in my sig.

We used photos from our ceremony day and our AHR. Usually I really want to get thank you notes out asap, but I think that they ended up being worth the wait.

Everyone loved them!

#4 Natural

• 218 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

For my thank you notes I put a wedding photo on a boarding pass and then write a personal note on the back. I want to stick with the whole destination wedding theme since I'm using a passport for the invite.
          Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

#5 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I just did a custom photo thank you card from shutterfly like frazali. They had free shipping so it worked out to about $1.60 a thank you for 100 cards. I had to wait for some shots from my professional photog, but I just loved the idea so much of sending everyone a pictures since most people weren't able to make the DW, I waited to order them and am sending them all at once. Luckily most people gave us gifts at our AHR as opposed to the wedding time, so there will only be a lag of a couple weeks for most people before thank yous go out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users