Photo

***Iberostar Laguna Azul Brides***

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#61 RonNMel

RonNMel
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

The last few reviews of the ILA on trip advisor haven't been that good. Hope it gets better when they have been opened longer...

#62 Salamander

Salamander
    • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

I saw some of those negative reviews too, but to be honest with you some of the things they complained about are not really fair. One guy complained about mosquitoes......... I hate to sound harsh but bring bug repellent for at night! You wouldn't go camping in Canada in the summer months without it. Some people were complaining about the food, I have never had a problem with the food in Cuba (I love seafood). I think the problem with many people is they expect the same food as they have in Canada. They do not have "The Keg" in Cuba so please do not expect the same type of restuarant. Cuba just does not have the same access to resources. The country is beautiful, the beaches are phenomenal, and the people are incredibly friendly. Plus I feel safer walking at night in Varadero than I do in Toronto. I think there are some people who write reviews that can not be pleased no matter where they go. I try not to let those reviews from one or two people get me worried because the rest have sounded so great!

#63 RonNMel

RonNMel
      • 388 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Yeah. I usually try not to let those negative reviews bother me, as I know some people are just picky. I've been to Cuba three times and know what to expect. It's just that the negative reviews all seemed to pop up at the same time, and they all started with "I'm not usually that picky and I've been to Cuba before", which is why I gave them more weight.

But the very last review is more positive, more balanced, and puts some light into some issues the previous reviews had talked about so I've been reconciled with the ILA. :)

#64 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

One thing to remember about reading reviews on these sites like tripadvisor or whatever, most people will remember and want to bitch about a bad visit, but a lot of them aren't willing to post about the great things that happen. It's kinda like hearing reviews from your friends about local businesses or services. You hear more bitching than praising. So I'm sure there are a lot more praises out there for ILA, there are just less people willing to come forward and give them :)

#65 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
          • 33 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Just got confirmation of my Wedding date at Laguna Azul - 9th of December 2010 at 2pm. Special date as it will also be my partners 30th birthday.

#66 JNL2011

JNL2011
            • Site Supporter
            • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

i really hope these reviews don't reflect to much truth to them cause i already booked and placed a deposit down for 2011. EEEEEEee

#67 RonNMel

RonNMel
              • 388 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Which day did you book? We are interested in getting there in May 2011 too.

Did you just book the wedding day, or your entire stay at the resort? Aren't those sold in packages (flight + resort). I was told that the prices for those packages would come out in April 2010, so I can't book anything until then. How much was the deposit, if you don't mind me asking?

#68 truelove4life

truelove4life
                • 40 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about the bad reviews. It is hard to please everyone ... some people are just not open minded and have high expectations when we have to realize that this is a communist country and they don't have the luxuries that we have. I have been to Cuba twice and I just love it there and have no complaints about either of the places I have stayed at. If you look at any resort anywhere, they all have some bad reviews but I really think for this resort, all of the really great reviews outweigh the few bad ones. It is an amazing place and I have no reservations about going. We have confirmed our date to be married on July 6th at 2pm and I couldn't be happier!! I am so excited!!!!!

#69 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
                  • 238 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

I visited resort a week ago and everything looks really great! There is still some construction going on and wedding gazebo and some restaurants are not ready - however they should be in the spring. Check some pictures on the group:

Photos from Iberostar Laguna Azul Brides - Varadero | Facebook

#70 chevy14

chevy14
                    • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

Awesome pics, thanks for posting Anya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users