Photo

Thank You Cards...what are you ideas?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 About2beMrsMartin

About2beMrsMartin
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

I know that it might be a little premature to be thinking about what am I going to use as my thank you card, but I am in the process of designing my DIY invitations and the thought occurred to me that I will have to come up with something for the thank you's.

Can everyone share their ideas or point me to the thread that this was discussed before?

I was thinking about using an online photo compnay and just making greeting cards with a fave wedding pic?

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by About2beMrsMartin
      I know that it might be a little premature to be thinking about what am I going to use as my thank you card, but I am in the process of designing my DIY invitations and the thought occurred to me that I will have to come up with something for the thank you's.

Can everyone share their ideas or point me to the thread that this was discussed before?

I was thinking about using an online photo compnay and just making greeting cards with a fave wedding pic?
      Well, most photographers will take a picture for thank you cards with the couple on the beach and "Thank You" is written in the sand or something... is that what you're thinking of?
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

I have had friends that did various versions of this. One did a pic of him dipping her and them kissing. Another did a pic of them walking away from the back - kinda like my siggy.

#4 kay726

kay726
        • 218 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

I uploaded the picture on the right of my siggy and had 4x 4 note cards made by shutterfly.com . They did a great job.

#5 rob4ever

rob4ever
          • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

Rob's parents are throwing us an engagement party this weekend, so I bought these Thank You cards from Crane's to send people after the party. They were on sale and are so cute, I may use them for my wedding shower as well.

Crane's - Sandals Thank You Notes

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

I am thinking these.... as mentioned above

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

Awe man,, I didn't do any shots like those, I didn't even think of it at the time.. Crap,, hmm maybe we can photoshop one of the pics?

#8 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

We tried to do the thank you in the sand thing, but I didn't end up using them because there was a little shadow in there & everytime someone saw the pic, they would say "what does that say?"

So, I ended up doing a 4 photo collage announcement through kodakgallery.com - they turned out great. I'll see if I can post it - doubt it though.Click the image to open in full size.

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

Christa, that looks great. I'll have to try that.

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Tammy - I tinkered with it for way too long, finally I just said - that's it F-it!! With all the pics you end up with it's so hard to choose just one - so that's why I did four :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users