Cabo on a Budget

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Well what about a smaller boutique resort or restaurant... Like Cabo Surf Hotel or Sunset Da Monalisa or ....a private villa?

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

I don't know how set you are about having your wedding at a different location than where you are staying?

We want to stay at dreams because it's an all inclusive but I just didn't love their locations and I happened to stumble across the Fiesta Americana Imperial Suite and we loved it! Even though it's a suite it has a lawn and it's own beach and you do the ceremony and reception right there and it's private...so we are doing that there and then staying at dreams.

So it's an idea...

#13 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cabobride2be
        I do have my heart set on Cabo :)
        Haha... well I guess otherwise you'd have to change your username.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by michelle08
        I don't know how set you are about having your wedding at a different location than where you are staying?

We want to stay at dreams because it's an all inclusive but I just didn't love their locations and I happened to stumble across the Fiesta Americana Imperial Suite and we loved it! Even though it's a suite it has a lawn and it's own beach and you do the ceremony and reception right there and it's private...so we are doing that there and then staying at dreams.

So it's an idea...

I was totally going to suggest this. You can stay at dreams (or any resort of your choice) and still have a gorgeous wedding on your chosen date at another location!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#14 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

Oh yeah - I didn't even think of that! You could stay at Dreams or wherever and you can have your wedding at a restaurant.

Andrea is having her wedding at Baja Cantina where a lot of people (myself included) are having welcome/rehearsal dinners. Karla had a gorgeous wedding at sunset di mona lisa.

There's also Marbella en la Playa. It's a small older hotel but it has a nice pool, a gorgeous beach and is very affordable. It's not a 3 start resort but it's cute and could be very nice.

There are non-AI hotels but a lot of them (Hilton, Sheraton, etc.) aren't going to be as affordable (and by that I mean they are expensive!).
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#15 cabobride2be

cabobride2be
          • 104 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions - I defintely have lots to research! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users