155 replies to this topic

#91 starlitk

starlitk
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ddk5576
    Starlitk-
    You have me crying over here on the East Coast in SC (the pics captured when you saw your now husband for the first time)! The pics are great! Your dress is beautiful and you look so great and happy and it looks like you all had a blast!! Thank you for sharing and posting and all of the great info you have given has been so helpful!!! I am back to being a Tulum bride!! Yey!
    May 30th, 2010 :)
    Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone! So sweet! :)
    Congrats on being a Tulum bride, ddk!

#92 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:19 PM

Okay this might be a very silly question - but on your tags and program, how did you get the white writing? Did you print on white cardstock and then just print the blue and green background on them? I hope that question makes sense! :)

#93 starlitk

starlitk
      • 76 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmb0902
        Okay this might be a very silly question - but on your tags and program, how did you get the white writing? Did you print on white cardstock and then just print the blue and green background on them? I hope that question makes sense! :)
        Yes, that makes perfect sense! We did print them on white cardstock, so the white writing is like empty space between the color printing. In MS Publisher, we just created blue and green squares and chose white as our font color. When we printed it, we just cut inside the borders (so that it looked like the entire paper was blue or green).

We ended up using quite a bit of color ink for this wedding! Although, that project didn't use nearly as much as the bags did.

#94 Quyen

Quyen
        • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:00 AM

Great job,,,everything looks amazing

#95 Crystal&David

Crystal&David
          • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

GREAT JOB!!! Congrats Mrs.
            http://www.theweddin...icker/28996.png

Crystal & DavidMay 3, 2010

#96 lolosmama

lolosmama
            • 232 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

StarlitK - if you still check this thread, can you tell me if you used the binders for the LED throwies instead of the strapping tape, or in addition to the strapping tape? Also, did you just assemble these the morning of the wedding? How long did they stay lit? Thanks so much for all the help you have provided!!

#97 angela040504

angela040504
              • 100 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

Everything looks wonderful! Congrats!

#98 kate&devon

kate&devon
                • 150 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Wow, phenominal job! I can't believe all the decorations for the reception. How did you pack all that stuff to take with you?

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs014.ash2/34045_1507391727839_1325681535_1627159_1121245_n.j pg[/IMG

http://img.weddingco...cker/nlp8wi.png
                  For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.-Judy GarlandBride and...

#99 starlitk

starlitk
                  • 76 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lolosmama
                    StarlitK - if you still check this thread, can you tell me if you used the binders for the LED throwies instead of the strapping tape, or in addition to the strapping tape? Also, did you just assemble these the morning of the wedding? How long did they stay lit? Thanks so much for all the help you have provided!!
                    We used binders only. The strapping tape does not give pressure to hold the led prongs to the batteries.

We were going to assemble them the night before b/c LEDs will stay lit for over 24 hours. The one we tested beforehand at home stayed lit for closer to 48. It does depend how many LEDs you have on each battery. I would recommend testing them at home before!

However, when we gave Anabel all of our stuff at DT, she offered to assemble the LED throwies herself, so she did. We were VERY grateful for that. I don't think they charged us for it, but that could have been b/c I had expressed being really disappointed in DT at that point (the whole three weddings on my day thing).

Kate&Devon - We borrowed a HUGE suitcase from a friend and had 2 big suitcases each. (4 total, plus our carry-ons). It all fit!

#100 rdhbride

rdhbride
                    • 313 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

wow it all looks do great!! i love your diy table numbers!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users